Georgia Governor Signs Commercial Financing Disclosure Law
May 9, 2023 | By: deBanked Staff
Georgia’s governor signed the state’s commercial financing disclosure bill into law as anticipated. The full text is available here. It is scheduled to go into effect on January 1, 2024. Georgia’s new law is merely the latest in a series aimed at the small business and commercial financing industries.
- Virginia’s sales-based financing disclosure law – Went into effect July 1, 2022
- California’s commercial financing disclosures – Went into effect December 9, 2022.
- Utah’s commercial financing disclosures – Went into effect January 1, 2023.
- New York’s commercial financing disclosure law – Goes into effect August 1, 2023
- CFPB’s small business lending data collection law – Goes into effect October 1, 2024