deBanked is Holding Auditions for First Musical
April Fools 22
deBanked is thrilled to announce that we will be producing our first musical this summer, A Broker’s Life, a fun and witty twist on the life of a broker while still focusing on everyday reality.
Calling all brokers with dance and/or singing experience! Seeking strong male and female dancers with a ballet/modern dance background. At least 2 years of ballet training is a requirement. Training in tap is a plus! Please wear form fitting clothing appropriate for dancing. Ballet, jazz shoes or bare feet is acceptable for the choreography portion of the audition. Tap shoes must be worn when necessary.
For the singing section please prepare your best 16 bars (approximately 30 seconds with sheet music) accompanied by a jazz or contemporary song about funding small businesses that showcases your vocal range.
We are looking to cast roles of brokers, lenders and extras. The lead broker role must be able to dance and sing. The lead will need to perform multiple solo variations along with vocal pieces. Looking for big personalities, with a large stage presence. Lead casting director John Remming, producer Dean Louis and choreographer Larissa Brulato will be viewing and judging all audition tapes.
Please send us an email with a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following:
- Video of yourself performing six eight counts of ballet/modern improvisation, incorporate technique in your variation such as grand jeté battement, pirouette and pirouette a la seconde.
- For the tap portion, improvisation for three counts of eight is acceptable.
- Utilize spacial variety, do not remain stationary.
- If you are auditioning for a singing role, audio in video must be clear.
- Facial expressions for the stage are encouraged.
- Your current headshot and resume as PDF attachments.
Email submissions are due by April 25th.
Second call auditions will be held in person with a dress rehearsal. Costumes and makeup artists will be provided upon call time.
Performer at heart? Think this is the role for you? Apply now to become the musical face of deBanked!
Last modified: April 3, 2022
Larissa Brulato writes for deBanked. Connect with me on LinkedIn.