Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on the IPO date?

Is this IPO happening? Rumor has it they are trying to sell the business now? Anyone on any forum out there have any info?

I'm guessing you read Peter Renton's blog too. I think it's complete BS. No one is big enough to buy them except for banks and I don't think banks can't do it given all the regulations they have to deal with.

Also I can't see any of the posts on here except for this one. Is my account not activated yet or is this board literally a fresh slate? Admin? Help>?

Comment

Originally posted by stktrader View Post
      I'm guessing you read Peter Renton's blog too. I think it's complete BS. No one is big enough to buy them except for banks and I don't think banks can't do it given all the regulations they have to deal with.

Also I can't see any of the posts on here except for this one. Is my account not activated yet or is this board literally a fresh slate? Admin? Help>?
      I think they said the 10th of this month. So about a week from now at this point.

Comment

The Directed Share Program has a 350 share cap, the stock offering to Lending Club's retail loan investors. At $12 a share that would be $4,200 max buy-in. Best part about Lending Club's email offering this deal is that it says "This email does not constitute an offer to purchase Lending Club stock" when that is clearly what they were offering... ha

Comment

Originally posted by platformlending View Post
          The Directed Share Program has a 350 share cap, the stock offering to Lending Club's retail loan investors. At $12 a share that would be $4,200 max buy-in. Best part about Lending Club's email offering this deal is that it says "This email does not constitute an offer to purchase Lending Club stock" when that is clearly what they were offering... ha
          Wait is the share price already decided? Did fidelity tell you it was $12 a share?

Comment

Originally posted by stktrader View Post
            Wait is the share price already decided? Did fidelity tell you it was $12 a share?
            No I talked to my lending club account rep. The $12 number is just a figure floating around on the street

Comment

do you have restrictions on how long you have to hold the stock before you sell it? guessing the rules are different for ipo allocated stock?

Comment

Originally posted by shorTIT View Post
                do you have restrictions on how long you have to hold the stock before you sell it? guessing the rules are different for ipo allocated stock?
                no there are no restrictions. it is generally frowned upon and you will likely not be invited back to participate in a future IPO through that brokerage.

Comment

what is going to be a better stock. lending club or ondeck. how are they different. I have picked up bits and pieces but want more of the story?

Comment

Originally posted by metrix View Post
                    what is going to be a better stock. lending club or ondeck. how are they different. I have picked up bits and pieces but want more of the story?
                    different companies with different models.

Lending Club is a platform. They make fees just for making the market between buyers and sellers. Of course buyers aren't actually matched with sellers. Lending Club issues a note or bond for every loan that is funded. Investors buy those notes. Lending Club has virtually no loan default risk. Their risk is investor confidence in their underwriting and marketplace.

OnDeck is a lender, though they do sell off whole loans or blocks of their loans to investors. They are not a marketplace and their revenues and model are tied to the performance of the loans themselves.

Should another major recession happen, OnDeck is probably worse off though Lending Club will certainly be dragged down. Lending Club got 4:1 valuation over OnDeck though both companies started around the same time. Lending Club is targeting the much larger and less risky consumer market, at least they did initially. They are experimenting now with business loans, but as a market maker, not a lender. Prosper's model is the same as Lending Club though Prosper is sticking strictly to the consumer market.

Head to head?

Winner: Lending Club

Comment

how do the interest rates between both companies compare? i have read some stories online about on deck capital's rates being off the charts including one that comapred them to loan sharks.

and maybe this is obvious or has already been announced but will on deck capital be going into the consumer loan market? why would they limit themselves if the consumer market is so much larger and as you say less risky? perhaps this has been answered already. if so sorry.

Comment

so will lending club be a stock we can buy tomorrow??

Comment

Originally posted by metrix View Post
                          so will lending club be a stock we can buy tomorrow??
                          yup that's how it works.

Comment

different companies with different models.

Lending Club is a platform. They make fees just for making the market between buyers and sellers. Of course buyers aren't actually matched with sellers. Lending Club issues a note or bond for every loan that is funded. Investors buy those notes. Lending Club has virtually no loan default risk. Their risk is investor confidence in their underwriting and marketplace.

OnDeck is a lender, though they do sell off whole loans or blocks of their loans to investors. They are not a marketplace and their revenues and model are tied to the performance of the loans themselves.

Should another major recession happen, OnDeck is probably worse off though Lending Club will certainly be dragged down. Lending Club got 4:1 valuation over OnDeck though both companies started around the same time. Lending Club is targeting the much larger and less risky consumer market, at least they did initially. They are experimenting now with business loans, but as a market maker, not a lender. Prosper's model is the same as Lending Club though Prosper is sticking strictly to the consumer market.

Head to head?

Winner: Lending Club
                            since you say these companies have different models, could it potentially make sense to use one as a hedge against the other? I am just thinking about buying one for long term but what to do if recession hits again.

Comment

Working...
                            X