Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of brokers

There are a lot of changes looming on the horizon...

Technology is connecting merchants directly with lenders in a fast, simple fashion. Companies like fundera, buynance, and surely others are tapping into this technology to aim for volume-based market grabs (no disrespect to them, it's genius).

Originator's portfolios are being damaged by high commission payouts (CAN Capital paying 17 points up-front for 20-month terms with a 1.24 buy rate).

How long will these high commissions last?

Lenders are gaining market share and word-of-mouth advertising to end users. Their marketing efforts and branding are increasing almost exponentially.

Direct mail returns are diminishing rapidly. Pieces that used to yield 1.25-2% response rates are now dwindling to 0.5-1%. Those snappack mailers with the check on them? I think every merchant on the planet has seen those by now.

Competition is picking up. Maxing out deals and expecting to fund them consistently is no longer the norm, unless you have a referral or a unique lead source.

Big money is buying in. Lending club goes public, CIT is buying in, Pawnee leasing starts windset capital... On Deck goes public, Goldman Sachs entering the space...

The question is: is this the BEST time to be a broker... or the worst?
    Zachary Ramirez
    Branch Manager

World Business Lenders
    3090 Bristol Street, Suite 160
    Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Direct: (714) 862-1870
    Fax: (888) 507-8970
    Email: zramirez@wbl.com
    www.linkedin.com/pub/zachary-ramirez/69/2a4/298
    www.wbl.com

Check out our videos to learn more about our products and the clients we serve at http://www.youtube.com/user/worldbusinesslenders

Time will tell. If direct doesn't yield growth expectations brokers will always be needed as distribution channels.

Comment

Rapid can do another one of those Broadway Musical dance numbers for TV, I guess

Comment

I think there are solutions in the future. Only time will tell. We should just all keep an eye out
        Amanda Kingsley
        Regional Director of Sales
        PSC (PSCNY.US)
        m: 321-750-5710
        e: akingsley@pscny.us
        e: Admin@sendto.capital

Comment

Originally posted by Chambo View Post
          Rapid can do another one of those Broadway Musical dance numbers for TV, I guess
          LOL! They definitely get some points for the creativity on that one.
          Zachary Ramirez
          Branch Manager

World Business Lenders
          Costa Mesa, CA 92626

www.wbl.com

Check out our videos to learn more about our products and the clients we serve at http://www.youtube.com/user/worldbusinesslenders

Comment

Commissions are at an all-time high but so are acquisition costs.

Comment

Originally posted by sean bash View Post
              Commissions are at an all-time high but so are acquisition costs.
              Agreed, reminiscent of what happened in equipment leasing before 2008. I'm eager to see how it all plays out.
              Zachary Ramirez
              Branch Manager

World Business Lenders
              Costa Mesa, CA 92626

www.wbl.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                Agreed, reminiscent of what happened in equipment leasing before 2008. I'm eager to see how it all plays out.
                Brokers may need to figure out other legitimate revenue streams... Or really get hawkish on saving the one thing no one invests heavily in saving; time...

Quick Story:

Part of the reason why I closed the lid on Buynance was that the "service" we gave them crushed us on two deals in about a 4 month time span. We had a multi location auto body chain out of TX.. what you would consider "A-" paper. After a few weeks of dealing with the owner who was always very responsive, even spoke on a Sunday... I also spoke with the owners wife, and the accountant... The business owner used all those "consultation hours" to present a case his network and basically got an MCA deal with great terms from them. We were just pawns in his game. Then, the same thing happened again with a medical related business. I have lost deals all the time, but twice in four months I lost deals to people who had never even funded an MCA... wow.

Were these just blips or does MCA become more local down the road? If so, do brokers become more local while larger funders act as facilitators? Who knows...

Comment

Working...
                X