Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCC Lead Data Quality

Please keep in mind, I'm posting this thread for some honest non-biased advice, not for a "our leads are the best" pissing contest lol.

The landscape is obviously very large in terms of companies you can purchase UCC Data through. In anyone's experience, have you seen greater success purchasing UCC data from an originator or a reseller? Our primary lead channels have been warm referrals / PPC but we are looking at UCC data (and the providers thereof) as we're looking to expand inside sales team. This is new territory for me. I know that resellers can often provide leads in bulk for pricing right around the .10c/per mark but I'm concerned about the quality of such a lead. Whereas I've had another offer from a lead originator that typed the following back to me alongside a proposal for .57c/per...

We are an original compiler, not a reseller. Anytime we pull a UCC list, the information is compared with our database which is updated every month.

o We are the only company that phone verifies information with companies in our database. Any changes to the business are incorporated into the information you receive such as new phone numbers, new contacts, etc.

o We also remove out of business records so you are not paying for leads that will not produce results. This process is particularly important to get the most up-to-date information possible.

o We are also able to put in whatever filters you want for your list such as only leads with contact names.

If you compare that to what you get from resellers, there are three main differences. 1) Resellers purchase a list and then resell it over and over to the same 100 customers without necessarily filtering by any sort of criteria. 2) They do not have the capability to update the data because they are not an original compiler so they cannot incorporate any updates into their original list. 3) Resellers do not typically repurchase their lists very often so the information can be very inaccurate.

Obviously seeing as the price difference between the two is so dramatic (5.7x more), is it worth the additional expense for the "quality" lead source or do you feel the .10c/per leads bulk UCC data would suffice just fine? As a sidenote, the reseller guarantees a 93% accuracy rate for phone number / contact info.

Thanks In Advance! - Ryan
    RYAN RIDGWAY Managing Partner, Strategic Capital
    Office: 800.440.6448 | Direct: 816.298.0966 | Fax: 816.298.0857
    10551 Barkley St. Suite 403 Overland Park, KS 66212
    rridgway@capitalwithstrategy.com | www.capitalwithstrategy.com
    sigpic

Originally posted by SCP View Post
    Please keep in mind, I'm posting this thread for some honest non-biased advice, not for a "our leads are the best" pissing contest lol.

The landscape is obviously very large in terms of companies you can purchase UCC Data through. In anyone's experience, have you seen greater success purchasing UCC data from an originator or a reseller? Our primary lead channels have been warm referrals / PPC but we are looking at UCC data (and the providers thereof) as we're looking to expand inside sales team. This is new territory for me. I know that resellers can often provide leads in bulk for pricing right around the .10c/per mark but I'm concerned about the quality of such a lead. Whereas I've had another offer from a lead originator that typed the following back to me alongside a proposal for .57c/per...

We are an original compiler, not a reseller. Anytime we pull a UCC list, the information is compared with our database which is updated every month.

o We are the only company that phone verifies information with companies in our database. Any changes to the business are incorporated into the information you receive such as new phone numbers, new contacts, etc.

o We also remove out of business records so you are not paying for leads that will not produce results. This process is particularly important to get the most up-to-date information possible.

o We are also able to put in whatever filters you want for your list such as only leads with contact names.

If you compare that to what you get from resellers, there are three main differences. 1) Resellers purchase a list and then resell it over and over to the same 100 customers without necessarily filtering by any sort of criteria. 2) They do not have the capability to update the data because they are not an original compiler so they cannot incorporate any updates into their original list. 3) Resellers do not typically repurchase their lists very often so the information can be very inaccurate.

Obviously seeing as the price difference between the two is so dramatic (5.7x more), is it worth the additional expense for the "quality" lead source or do you feel the .10c/per leads bulk UCC data would suffice just fine? As a sidenote, the reseller guarantees a 93% accuracy rate for phone number / contact info.

Thanks In Advance! - Ryan
    You'd be hard-pressed to get insightful feedback on what is working and where to get your lead lists in a public forum. It has been said the acquisition of new customers is the hardest nut to crack in this industry. Coincidentally that is the topic of an afternoon session at AltLend at Princeton next week. I contemplated speaking at that session but decided to pass and save those gems.

Uniform Commercial Code Filings are more science than art. You need to work with a company who knows them inside & out and how to pull them. Otherwise you will be calling people that bought a boat or financed a motorcycle. Knowing filing codes, filing dates, lenders, type of loan, etc. are just the tip of the iceberg. The next challenge as I hear it is if you find a company that actually knows what they're doing and the word gets out then everybody is calling the same finite universe of UCC's.

My two cents are to test and track your results, there are no short cuts. Become an expert of every facet of your company, especially marketing in this Industry.
    Nick Stough
    Executive Loan Producer

3110 Main Street
    Building C
    Santa Monica, CA 90405

nstough@lendersmarketing.com
    www.lendersmarketing.com

Direct (805) 765-6459
    Toll-Free (888) 988-2867
    Fax Number (818) 925-9686

We connect Lenders with their future clients

sigpic

Check out our Business Loan Triggers:
    http://www.lendersmarketing.com/busi...-triggers.html

Comment

Although general, your response was informative (and halfway what I expected to hear). I know we'll need to crunch some analytics to really get things down to a science. Thanks Nick!
      RYAN RIDGWAY Managing Partner, Strategic Capital
      Office: 800.440.6448 | Direct: 816.298.0966 | Fax: 816.298.0857
      10551 Barkley St. Suite 403 Overland Park, KS 66212
      rridgway@capitalwithstrategy.com | www.capitalwithstrategy.com
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X