X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Objection!! "Can you just send me some information?"

What does it sound like?

“Can you just send me some information?”

Where does it typically tend to show up?

Prospecting Call: making contact with a lead for the first time.

What do we do with it?

Turn around. Key Objective: to turn around the objection, engage the lead further, and continue to guide the lead through the sales process to ultimately close and fund!

How do we turn it around?

"I’d be happy to, if we are a fit for each other. Have you been seriously considering getting a quote for business funding this month?"

Why do we say it?

This is a veiled objection that merchants use effectively to brush many reps off. Most of the time it indicates the merchant is non-confrontational in nature, but nonetheless does not want to talk to you right now. The merchant will tell you something they think you want to hear, lead you on, and then cut loose.

If the merchant is saying this to you, then they are most likely in a pattern of using this brush off everyone soliciting everything and anything. As a Funding Pro, what you want to prevent is being lumped in with everyone else who has fallen for this rope a dope, by distinguishing yourself as their Trusted Advisor.

It is very easy to take them at their word and send information, or even worse, to naively send an application. This prospective deal is not yet at that Phase in the Sales Process yet. Without truly prequalifying them, whatever you send would just be more information for the pile rotting in their inbox that they're not taking action on.

They don’t care about your information (yet), they just want you off the phone (because they assume you have no value to add to them). Don’t fall into the trap of immediately agreeing, sending them info, and getting off the phone believing you have an interested prospect. Draw them in closer.

"I’d be happy to, if we are a fit for each other.

You are letting them know you will be more than happy to do so as long as you are both not wasting each other's time.

Have you been seriously considering getting a quote for business funding this month?"

Before the merchant disengages you can now ask them a valid qualification question: have then been actively seeking capital now? No matter the answer to this question, you have sidestepped their objection to continue asking strategic questions and obtain important information that will help you advise them accordingly.

If they answer in the affirmative, you continue to prequalify until you prompt a buy signal for an application.

Merchant answers "no" to the question, you continue to prequalify, collect best contact information and set future check-in with them.

If they truly can't talk now and need to get off the phone, set a better time and professionally PERSIST.

Be very selective with sending information and applications. Engage, prequalify, elicit buy signals --> then send.

*ABBP*

Always Be Building Pipeline!

-FundingStrategist

https://fundingstrat.com

https://fundingstrat.com/objection-c...e-information/
      What does it sound like?   “Can you just send me some information?”   Where does it typically tend to show up?   Prospecting Call: making contact with a lead for the first tim…

Working...
X