X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More! "Let Me Know"

https://fundingstrat.com/no-more-let-me-know/

“Let me know.”

This 3 word phrase has been routinely used for countless reasons, and almost always to cap off a communication.

“We’ll be around this weekend, let me know.”

“I could use another set of hands, let me know.”

“Just checking back in on the contract, let me know.”

What???

Let you know what, specifically?

It has been thrown around casually for a long time to leave things open-ended between parties, but we can all agree, it usually insinuates no one will try too hard to really make things happen.

One old friend threw this phrase around very liberally about getting together. Needless to say, over time, plans never really ever formalized and we fell out of touch. We are no longer friends or in touch.

We can't let this happen to leads, prospects and customers.

Generalized vague language almost always guarantees time will be wasted, resources will be squandered, deadlines will be missed, deals will be lost, money will be incinerated!!

This phrase really must be eliminated in all social context, but especially so in all sales.

Funding Pros use specific and concise language to move deals Forward and FUND.

Why insinuate when we can make the specific Ask.

MAKE THE ASK!!

Stop tip toing around, go right for it and ask for what you want.

“Let me know” sounds weak because it is.

Funding Pros provide a ton of value by holding merchants to a higher standard, getting them out of their generalities and into specifics.

Following up?

-->

“What time today do you expect to send the contract over?”

“What time today do you expect send the application over?”

“What time today do you expect to send the closing stips over?”

“Can you put this program to work?”

When ball is in the merchant’s court and he/she owes you a response, let me know will not cut it.

“Yeah I’ll let you know.” Is that the response we're really looking for? Still at a stalemate, no movement and the clock is running.

Time Kills Deals!!

“Ask a Quality Question, get a Quality Answer.”

-Anthony J. Robbins

We must move our merchants forward effectively to move our deals forward efficiently. We cannot control our merchants, we can only influence them. Our greatest lever in influence through the Sales Process is direct, specific and concise Quality Questions, not vague lame statements that half-heartedly beat around the bush.

Old friends falling out of touch happens - but revenue is not on the line. High touch is the name of the game here.

Let's keep merchants tight, set up strong Response Channels, and communicate clearly.

Happy Funding!

-FundingStrategist

https://fundingstrat.com

“Let me know.”   This 3 word phrase has been routinely used for countless reasons, and almost always to cap off a communication.   “We’ll be around this weekend, let me know.” &nbs…

Working...
X