Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Your Favorite Funder’s Favorite Funder"

“The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” This aphorism from the masterful English conductor, Colin R. Davis, could not ring truer in our experience. As the gap that separates the haves and the have-nots continues to grow from a fjord to an abyss, we have taken note of the pathway that leads to either camp. Every day we engage with funders in the alternative lending marketplace (both merchant cash advance and corporate finance) and with increasing regularity we are approached by individuals that fall into one of two classic archetypes: those who lead and those who follow. With the latter, our conversation usually begins with a broker or mid-level representative of the company. The individual is trying to break out of the mold they are resigned to, usually by getting creative with the ideas they can pitch to the C-level executives. Their hope is that this will curry favor with upper management, who will love the idea and help to elevate the representatives lot in life from serfdom to (at a minimum) knighthood. Visions of leadership status and prestige begin to fill their heads, imagining the perks and indulgences to be granted based upon this fidelity to the company. This fantasy usually comes to a crashing end when the C-level executive promises to investigate and pass along the information to the rest of the leadership team, only to engage directly with us and give no more than a pat on the back to the representative who gave them the idea in the first place. It happens every day, so much so, they we felt compelled to write about it here and now, helping those in the follower camp make the transition to the enterprising leadership category.

So, what is the difference maker? The defining factor that determines success versus failure, ascendency versus subservience: entrepreneurial enterprise. A broker or representative will approach us in the exact same fashion, literally having the same conversation about the type of institutional patronage we can provide, with all of the rights and privileges that come with resting under our aegis; but instead of offering it up the food chain to C-level, will leverage the relationships they have cultivated with other funders to monetize it for themselves. Invariably, the next question is, “who can, and do you fund?” The answer always provides for a moment of levity, although it doesn’t diminish the truth of the statement; we are your favorite funder’s favorite funder. Our aggressive referral program is second to none and all it takes is a phone call or an email to begin the process of financial autonomy and self-determination. Avail yourself of the opportunity to leverage your hard work, relationships and most importantly, your time. I leave you with one of my favorite axioms, spoken by Hillel the Elder, which I start my day with bright and early: “If I am not for myself, who will be? If I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?”

Begin your journey today and request a referral agreement by reaching out to me directly at a.davydov@arpequitygroup.com or via LinkedIn by going to https://www.linkedin.com/in/a-davydov/
    https://www.arpequitygroup.com/

Working...
X