Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Strange Phonecall From "Another Broker" - Blocked Number

I just received a call earlier today from a blocked number. I noticed whoever it was had left a voice message on my personal desk line (forwards to cell when OOO) and on it said something to the extent of "Hey this is another guy in the industry, I had a couple questions for you" and left the number 312-770-0761

Did not leave a name or a company name, yet I called back anyway and left him a return VM.

A few seconds later, I get a call from a blocked number, who I assumed to be him and it was indeed.

The conversation was very strange. He said he was a broker (I'm assuming just 1 man shop) that makes a ton of UCC calls and also charges an additional 4-5% on top of commissions FROM THE MERCHANT in a fee to make up the for the fact he felt the industry was slowing down. That's one of the more terrible acts I've ever heard of in this industry..

He almost immediately rushed into questioning us on "how do you make money in this industry?" - "how much did you make last month?" - "how are you getting leads?" etc...

I jumped to the fact that "I felt very uncomfortable discussing information because I had no idea who he was or what company he was with, but upon having some small talk and learning a bit more about him, I'd be happy to talk some shop."
    - - - -
    Then he immediately became irate haha, saying "you're full of s***, you don't make any money, neither do any other brokers, go stroke your c***, F*** off!" and proceeded to hang up the phone, lol.

I was curious if anybody else here had received a call like this before? The most information I know is that his name is (supposedly) Ben, his number he left in the voice message was 312-770-0761, and upon calling it says you've reached "Lead You To The Top" in his voice, not a professional recording or VOIP VM prompt.

Let me know if anyone knows this a-hole. He needs to get out of this industry. Operating out of a position of pure profit and greed with no actual interest in helping the merchant...
    RYAN RIDGWAY Managing Partner, Strategic Capital
    Office: 800.440.6448 | Direct: 816.298.0966 | Fax: 816.298.0857
    10551 Barkley St. Suite 403 Overland Park, KS 66212
    rridgway@capitalwithstrategy.com | www.capitalwithstrategy.com
    sigpic

Working...
X