Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

where have all the good (folio) notes gone..?

Started by Peter, April 14, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lender_john

I'm used to seeing 100s of notes each week that meet most of my criteria and purchasing a few of them at a time.

In the last two weeks or so, next to nothing.  I don't know if there are less people selling or more buying, but I just don't see too many lately.

I know it can't be just me, because some of my notes have sold at a significant markup over the last week.

rev

TravelingPennies

Its a long list, but to start the note should be over 14% and no more than $25 or $50, no more than a few payments made on it and not at a significant markup.

I'm used to running out of money in my accounts weekly, but only purchased a few notes in the last couple weeks.

yaoyao

I see the same thing.  The number of loans doesn't change much, however, the markup has been significantly increased over last couple of weeks.

TravelingPennies

I've had a hard time finding stuff too, and almost everything I find that fits my criteria are 60-month C-grade loans, for some reason. I have 7 different searches set up on Interest Radar...

GS

I'm new to this, but I've browsed FolioFN and it all appears to be loans with steep mark-ups or loans with payment issues.  I was going to see if I could purchase something there as my first round of payments started rolling in, but it all looks like junk to me.  Why in the world would FolioFN allow people to post notes with negative YTM?  There are currently 6000+ loans posted with negative YTM.  They should at least you give the users the option to block those postings, or better yet, make that the default option.

mhvu

Here is my theory and it has something to do with institutional lenders.

Fact: Institutional Lenders snap up as many loan that match their criteria as possible
Result in: Number of loan available to purchase note decrease in LC (As of now, the total available loan in LC is 82)

If there is less loan to purchase, people is a bit hesitate to sell their notes

Fact: Institutional Lenders play by big money, big number so they will not set their default purchase note at $25
Result in: When they sell note in Folio after 3 or 4 months to get their fund and maximum interest, or when note go into default/grace period, most Folio users will not see these notes with their criteria (selling price is well above $25)

Fred

I have a confession to make: I used to put my LC notes on sale on FOLIOfn, but I am not doing it any more.

The 2 main reasons:
- it's a highly manual work; you really have to do it one-by-one.
- the for-sale notes got cancelled due to payments; while this might be necessary, it is still cumbersome to put the notes back on sale with new prices.

Imagine trying to find and sell 100 notes on FOLIOfn.  This would probably require 3 hours/week to do.  With 3% mark-up minus 1% FOLIOfn fee, this would give your only about $50 profit if all notes got sold, while in the meantime you forgo future cash flows on the notes.

TravelingPennies

An unrelated question on Foliofn. I have sold a grand total of ONE note to date and bought 1 note (that I promised a friend I would buy) I dont buy, as I can buy in my state (fl)

Why are there SO many negative YTM notes on the platform. What am I missing???

TravelingPennies

Finally, I picked up about 20 notes earlier today.

Better than nothing, but the lack of notes on folio is making me doubt my plans for another IRA contribution.

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL