Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | marshtomp.eth 0.200 Ξ | sandile.eth 0.200 Ξ | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Started by Peter, April 05, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edward

For you long term investors, please help a newbie out. Over my five months since becoming aware of LC, opening my account, and reading a great deal of this forum, I've watched the number of notes available drop from 1000+ to only several hundred at most times now.

Clearly we know that LC is growing in volume and number of notes, and I've read comments on this forum about (1) the ability of LC to control the number of notes through advertising and changing of loan requirements; and on the ther hand, (2) the time necessary to fund the notes shortens while the time in review seems to grow. 

Is this just the normal cycle of LC-- grow, get overloaded, catch up, evaluate conditions (macro economics, borrower credit profiles, default rates, etc.), fine tune the system, advertise more, and then grow more?

Over the long run does the number of notes just naturally grow and shrink or is this seeming shortage (to me) something new?

Fred

An alternative explanation: the growth of investors is much higher than that of borrowers.

Laslow

It's definitely frustrating how slowly I can deploy funds at LC. My filters are quite broad (D-G notes with the riskiest loans filtered out), I'm shooting for around a 14% ROR, yet I'm usually only able to deploy a couple hundred dollars per day, and this is with putting $75 in notes of higher quality. I feel it shouldn't be a challenge to invest $5k a month with my current strategy, but somehow it is. We need more borrowers for sure.   

NEW LOANS:   | marshtomp.eth 0.200 Ξ | sandile.eth 0.200 Ξ | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL