Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | sandile.eth 0.200 Ξ | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

New P2P investment opportunities?

Started by Peter, April 05, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Watermen

Alright, I am late.

P2P lending started in 2006...I didn't know it until Jan 2013. That is 7 years later...I missed so much earning opportunities.

P2P currency bitcoin started in 2009, I didn't know it until Feb 2013, still didn't really know what was it, until March 2013 and decided to start mining...I missed all the golden opportunities..

It just makes me wonder, what are the trend going on now and not known to most people? How to know about this kind of opportunities?

mitgib

Well that is a good question, I ask myself this often, but the answer I always seem to come to, if I was to invest a small amount in every crazy idea that comes along, will the rare winner dwarf the mass amount of losers?

That is the question I really would like to be able to answer.  I seem to have found a new tool (10 years late no less) in the Motley Fool stock advisor subscription, that asks the same questions and how to act on some of the possible winners.  Sure they are wrong often as well, but right enough and sometimes huge, to make a better choice for my chances.

GS

Crowd funding, or maybe "Crowd Investing", seems to be a new investment concept taking off due to changes to laws in 2012.  One of the more interesting ones I've heard of is Solar Mosaic, where you can invest in Solar Panel Projects.  It looks like a $25 minimum investment.  https://joinmosaic.com/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">https://joinmosaic.com/  Although, it only seems to be open to accredited investors and residents of NY and Cali, they claim they are working to get Federal Law changed to fix this problem.  It does seem kind of dumb to me that I can't invest $100 in a solar panel project because I'm not a millionaire.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get too deep into their website because, being a resident of Florida, I was asked about my "accredited investor" status upon trying to sign up.  This seems like a pretty safe investment for a 6%+ return. 

Edit:  I should also meantion that I signed up with a crowd funding website called Bolstr.com, but once in, they too said that current laws do not allow me to invest unless I'm invited by company owner, but that they was working to change that...

rawraw

I wouldn't consider bitcoin anything similiar to P2P

faeriering

Waterman,

I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on the first couple years of p2p, the returns were awful until the platform learned to appropriately price the risk of the notes.

LendingClubStatistics

Here is one for you to chew on: http://www.groundfloor.us" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">www.groundfloor.us

Basically it is P2P lending for real estate. I signed up for the beta and actually had a chance to do a Q&A with one of the co-founders, Brian Dally.  It looks pretty interesting.

TravelingPennies

SeattleSun, I agree with you. I don't consider myself an early adopter on many technologies - I just think that P2P secured debt lending (not crowdfunding donations, equity, charity, zero-interest loans, etc) makes great economic sense. I'm a fan of joinmosaic.com thus far (I invested in one of their early projects and then have recently invested more in one of their 4.5% projects) as well as lendingclub.com. Lending Club seems more mature but Mosaic seems less risky in the long-term. Their fixed returns seem like a good counterbalance to my Vanguard funds in a way that Lending Club does not - If a stock market dip occurs, I expect my Lending Club portfolio's default rate to increase but Fort Dix will still need electricity.

Just my 2 cents. Are there any other similar secured debt sites that have sprouted up recently?

-Frugal J.

brycemason

If you're frustrated with LCs application approval time and how long your money is tied up, steer clear of Mosaic! I swear these companies have a strategy to make extra money on the float. Just make funding the last step, ffs.

From the Mosaic prospectus:

NEW LOANS:   | sandile.eth 0.200 Ξ | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL