Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Started by Peter, April 03, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faeriering

https://www.lendingclub.com/account/loanDetail.action?loan_id=4144913" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">https://www.lendingclub.com/account/loanDetail.action?loan_id=4144913

" Borrower added on 04/04/13 > I like to pay off my truck lone $500.00 a mouth Persnell lone $168.00 credit card 200 to 150 ..And by a 3 acker lot that has a  septit and city water..$25000 good dill."
 - SODDY DAISY, TN

dontvote

It's almost what I would expect if David Foster Wallace applied for a loan.

edward

What got me was the obvious mismatch between loan title, purpose and description (as you posted above):

Title:        getland
Purpose: Credit Card Refinancing

But his Interest Radar score is 400/M. Let's hope his repayment history is better than his spelling.

Randawl

Haha!

I remember seeing that one earlier today and laughing at the title.  The borrower description wasn't added at the time.  That is priceless!   I think I even said out loud, "Yeah, you GET THAT LAND"  https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/grin.gif" alt=";D" title="Grin" class="smiley" />

New Jersey Guy

I submitted the question for him to itemize each of his credit cards.  Interesting to see how he'll respond. 

However, an income of $8,300 per month and an employer of N/A sets off some red flags. That's unless, of course, he runs a moonshine business down there in Jerkwater, Tn.  If so, then all of this makes sense and it's a "Good Dill".

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

Actually dontvote, I wasn't meaning to lean in any particular direction. Just making an observation. Just shows that we all have our own red flags, whereas IR looks at the credit history background for indicators of default. Of course their word scoring function was probably not totally accurate on this one with all the spelling errors!

TravelingPennies

I have a hard time with spelling, being dyslexic, so I think I might be more tolerant than many lenders to misspellings.  But reading through this one . . . I almost thought it was someone pulling a joke.  Maybe they own the local auctioneering business and are really good at making handshake cash deals that don't require literacy, but I just couldn't bring myself to invest.

veggivet

I am strict with spelling and grammar. One mistake and no $$ from me.

Lovinglifestyle

I can't fathom how an English literacy handicap this serious can go hand in hand with an $8333/mos. income.  One scenario I've come up with is that of a smart person who absorbed English only by listening to it.  Another is a lie about the income.  The loan appears to be canceled now. 

When I first saw it while browsing I was distracted for minutes while musing whether the person ever saw the inside of a classroom.  Then I thought of how difficult it must be to learn a foreign language from people who don't speak clearly, and wondered if that was the case.

When the written expression quality does not match the income value I tend to back away.  That's the OC teacher in me, but I try not to be as hard on others as I am on myself because my own mistakes are enough to live with!  The older I get the more I make, darn it!

TravelingPennies

There must be a great backstory here somewhere. 301 people invested in this note and the last time I checked it, it looked as if it was certain to fund in only one day. Even with so many red flags pointed out on here, it passed the initial review at LC, but perhaps was caught in their later review processes. Or, maybe LC is reading this forum!  https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif" alt=":)" title="Smiley" class="smiley" />

yojoakak

Most loans get funded never adding a comment or answering a question.

Why would they even bother?

Perhaps it's some kind of performance art project.

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL