Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

SEP IRA and SIMPLE IRA Possible?

Started by Peter, April 01, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not it is possible to have both a SIMPLE and SEP IRA open simultaneously, and decide at the end of each tax year which is more fiscally advantageous to contribute to?

I'm pretty certain that I can't contribute to both in the same tax year (as the owner of a business), but I thought having both may be a good option if its IRS-Permitted https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif" alt=":)" title="Smiley" class="smiley" />

dontvote

I'm not aware of restrictions on opening these accounts. I have a roth, sep, traditional open now, but I pay careful attention to what I contribute to each year.

TravelingPennies

SkaXc0re77

I think I want to covernt my Trad IRA (in a growth dividend paying mutul fund (XIRR 8.5%)  to a Roth IRA for the market.  Go for some long term gains.  Stick and Stay.  Theres some industries I've read about that look ready to explode and jhave already been rising the past year or so with no end in sight.  All I've read says I have not missed yet but if I hold those as a Roth IRA when they grow, the long term cap gains is FREEEEEEEEEEEE.  While the mutual fund's dividiend is only lost at 15% (the price per share has been the same since I boguht it, its purely just a constant payer since inception). As great as LC is - when I have more money id open the free Roth for this too since paying the full income rate on this is crap, but for now I'll just stick with it out in the open and play around.  Anything I make here is a bonus considering its all better then the 1% my bank gives me.

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL