Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | sandile.eth 0.200 Ξ | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Check received after Charged Off

Started by Peter, May 11, 2012, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WES

Collection Log:
4/18/12 Received check payment
3/26/12 Borrower contacted Collections Agency
3/18/12 Charged off. Payment 120+ past due.

So when will LC post to my investor account the funds received after charge off? Any clue as to how this works? It's been over three weeks since the payment was made and my investor account hasn't received a penny of the 4/18 payment.

simon389

I've seen this happen before ... rarely. LC put something like $4 of the original $25 note from collections back into the lenders account three months after they defaulted. It's not much, but its something.

Peter

WES, Yes it does happen occasionally but as Simon pointed out it will take a while to hit your account. And before it does that the collection fee will be deducted from the payment.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

rajuabju

Interesting.

Is it also common for a lawsuit to continue on after a note has been charged off? thats the case with mine.. was charged off a few months ago, but was updated about 6 weeks ago that lawsuit / hearing is pending.

Not getting my hopes up, but still good to know there a tiny chance of some recovery.

TravelingPennies

I tracked down my recovery. Turns out it was credited to my account a few weeks back, but I didn't notice it, because it didn't show up in the collection log. It shows up under your Available Cash accounting, as "Recoveries" (income item) and "Collections" (expense item). It also appears on the individual note's history page as "Recoveries", but the collection fee is not shown here.

My gross recovery was .76%. My collection fee was 35% of that. I netted twelve cents.

Interesting, and amusing.

thezinfan

Wes, I know a bunch of people who got recovery payments a few weeks back. LC may pay those out quarterly.

NEW LOANS:   | sandile.eth 0.200 Ξ | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL