Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | clefable.eth 1.500 Ξ | venusaur.eth 2.000 Ξ | charmeleon.eth 2.000 Ξ | ALL

Are incentives backfiring?

Started by Peter, November 30, 2012, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

priuspilot

As a Prosper investor, I pumped much more money into my account when the 3% and 2% deals were being offered at the end of October and through November. Now I find myself waiting on the sidelines for the next incentive. Just curious as to what people's thoughts on this were.

Peter

I deployed ~10k last month.  My read of decreased origination volume + increased listing volume is that capital is spread out over more loans, ergo, fewer loans are receiving enough investment to fund.  I expect this to clear up as the S1 becomes effective / BRE goes live, which seems imminent.  I think the incentives were intended to try to keep origination volumes up as many wait on sidelines for the S1.

I wouldn't expect to see more incentives unless the S1's effectiveness is delayed...
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

NEW LOANS:   | clefable.eth 1.500 Ξ | venusaur.eth 2.000 Ξ | charmeleon.eth 2.000 Ξ | ALL