Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

LC loan quality shift April 2019

Started by Peter, June 03, 2019, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred93

Starting in the first few days of April 2019, I am suddenly unable to reinvest the loan payments being deposited in my account.  Cash is piling up.

The cause of this is a shift in the notes that LC is offering.  I invest via the LC API in both whole and fractional notes.  The total number of loans LC is offering these days is lower than it has been in the past, and the quality has shifted.  Very few notes now meet my criteria.  I bid on all of the ones that do, and win a significant fraction of those I bid on, and yet cash keeps building up in my account.

I complained to LC.  Told them they were driving customers away.  They denied it.  The usual "You are very important to us." nonsense. 

As a result of this, I've been transferring money out of my LC account.  Does no good to keep it there if I can't invest.

I have loosened my filters a bit, but this has not produced any significant improvement. 

I told LC they are driving retail customers away.  They deny it.  ...but it's true. 

My theory is that as their business shifts to mostly one of selling packaged products to banks, they are intentionally ramping down the note business.

WES

Yep. I saw this two years ago -- I was a manual investor with very strict criteria. My yield over ten years plus is 9%, with several accounts, so I can't complain, but there's no way I could continue that now, and it's too much work to compete with the bots. Some time ago, I sold all my 60 month notes via Folio, at a small discount. I have a handful of notes left and should be fully withdrawn by year-end. Good-bye Lending Club. IMO things went downhill for the retail investor after the Renaud Laplanche scandal became known.

PS -- getting out of Strata (the IRA trustee) was a true PITA, and further evidence that LC doesn't want to bother with the retail segment anymore.

.Ryan.

In my IRA my 2018 idle cash average was $73. In 2019, my average is $175. Something is very different.

TravelingPennies

As of late June, my software is suddenly able to buy >10 notes/day most days. 

They won't admit it, but they make sudden policy shifts. 

I've told them there's a guy sitting inside LC who turns some big knobs from time to time, and sometimes just turns off the flow toward me (ie toward the API).  They won't admit it, but my guess is that this happens when they're building up an inventory for a securitization or some such thing.  I've gotta work on getting them to share more info about that process.

TravelingPennies

I thought things were getting better in terms of quality loan availability, but now I see cash piling up again. What are you seeing Fred93?

TravelingPennies

In July it looks like they're making more notes available than in the preceding few months, but there is heavy competition for them.  On the whole-loan market they are bought instantly.

investny

I noticed a huge drop in number of fractional notes back in October.
It's been pretty bad until second half of July when they made more fractional notes available.
Below graph from Peercube proves what i have been seeing in my account
http://prntscr.com/oprhit" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://prntscr.com/oprhit

Reginald

It does indeed seem that LC is sending the better quality (lower liklihood of late/non payment) to Institutional Investors. The quality has dropped, and along with the any hope of a reasonable return given the risk  https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/undecided.gif" alt=":-" title="Undecided" class="smiley" />

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL