Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Reasons why an applicant might withdraw a loan prior to funding?

Started by Peter, July 05, 2020, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott S

Hello-

I am doing some analysis of historical (2013-14) Prosper loans and am curious if there are any dominant reasons why applicants might withdraw their loans before funding.  I assume that some might 1) simply change their minds, or 2) some might get a better offer elsewhere.  Hopefully not many weddings were called off at the last minute :-)

Is there any clear cut explanations or even good guesses around this?   Feel free to point me to any existing comments on this topic.

Thank you

Peter

I'm an old-timer, but, back in the day, some loan listings on LC/P would show up as "withdrawn" by borrowers when the platforms (or investors) didn't have enough capital on hand to fund them or when the borrower failed a pre-disbursement ID or income verification - can't remember timeframe specificity of when the platforms pivoted away from individual investors / started using their balance sheet - though do remember some hubbub about that noise in the data, most of which turned out, I believe, to be due to ID/income checking, which happened temporally *after* the loans were "funded" (much markovian state-transition fun, trying to figure those listings out in order to avoid tied up capital in loans which were "unlikely to originate")...
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL