Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

new forum bug - stale "new" indicators

Started by Peter, October 19, 2017, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred93

Starting yesterday or the day before ... Now the "new" indicators on forums are stale.  Sometimes I've already read the recent messages, yet the forum still shows the icon for new messages available.  Note that if I refresh the page, IT IS STILL WRONG.  About a minute later, a refresh will make it right.

Used to work perfectly.  Did you update the forum software recently?

RyanL

Thanks Fred, I'll take a look. The only thing we have done recently is moved over to https. I'll see if I can get this squared away.

TravelingPennies

Thank you for going HTTPS.

I'm thinkn' that HTTPS changes some cookie interactions.  Maybe this is a cookie thing?  But... that doesn't fit the fact that it seems to eventually get correct, a minute later.

I use firefox by the way.

Lovinglifestyle

I use Safari, and I've experienced the same thing.  Clicking back and forth doesn't make the memory change its mind about whether I read the post or not.  Waiting is the only solution I've found.  Doesn't happen all the time.

TravelingPennies

Seems like its fixed now.

Edited to add: ;-) Spoke too soon.  This very message triggered it again. 

TravelingPennies

Indeed, the problem continues.  I don't think it is quite as bad as it was, but there are still times when a stale "new" indicator just won't go away for several MINUTES.

jheizer

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL