Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Why has Folio removed "Download Search Results" - WTF???

Started by Peter, May 05, 2018, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kowser

Has anyone else asked why the "Download Search Results" option is now missing? This was pretty important to me and now I don't see it. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. I can still modify my spreadsheet to work with copying and pasting from the results, but seriously, why are we non-API people getting shafted all the time?

Rob L

Have you tried using the spreadsheet "pivot table" approach to processing the download of the full smallnotes.csv file? Once you get the hang of it you can set up as many filters as you like (say Neverlate, Term, FicoTrend, PaymentsRemain, OriginalNoteAmount, ...) and display a table of individual notes or the max and min discounts, number of notes for sale, etc.). Pivot tables are set up by drag-and-drop and check boxes so they are easy to try out. Couple of hours and you'll be an expert!

hdsouza

Kowser,
I agree,  I use that functionality too and without the link  has thrown my process in disarray.
Yes we can use the FULL download although  downloading a file as large as that  will cause LC to throttle your connection. The full file is several MB while the search results are usually in KB, and copying such a large file will cause LC to throttle the connection. I have seen this in  the past.  It looks like they made the change on 5/2. I am going to send them an email shortly.

TravelingPennies

Guess it depends on what you want to do. I just downloaded the full smallnotes.csv file on my notebook over a wireless connection in 25 seconds. The file size was 58.3 Mbyt. My ISP is Verizon, and I live in Virginia. I ran the Ookla internet speed test and got 45 Mbps download speed. Not terribly fast. No doubt 25 seconds is forever for some applications so that's for the user to decide. I was able to open the file with Excel in 10 seconds, again on my notebook. I only have 6 Gbyt of DRAM installed. The processor is a Intel Core I5 2430M Sandy Bridge (2 cores, 4 threads) and I have it overclocked to 2.8 GHz. That's okay for a notebook, dog slow for a desktop. It's running Win 10 and my C drive is a 1TB Crucial SSD. I don't trade Folio, but I look at this file from time to time just to get a feel for overall pricing. The pivot table filtering makes that quick and easy for me. However, if you're trying to be the first to discover newly listed notes this isn't for you.

Fred93

I sent LC a message asking "why".  Don't hold your breath.

I told them that the secondary market was in great need of development and added features, so removing features seemed like a step in the wrong direction.

I suggest the rest of you should send a similar query. 

TravelingPennies

From the quarterly report a couple of days ago Self-Directed  loan originations  (that's us) dropped 26% year over year ($297M to $222M).  Managed Accounts originations dropped YOY about 30% ($647M to $452M). Could be this "business decision" is a cost cutting measure and it's directed at a shrinking portion of their customers. There's no way we can know how much this decision will save but it seems LC felt it was enough. IIRC Prosper justified the complete elimination of Folio as a feature that was hardly being used. Let's hope LC doesn't let it come to that.

TravelingPennies

I did get a call from LC this afternoon which went to my voicemail and later received an email too.
I guess if the feature is driving their cost up, then its best its gone. The important thing for us is having the secondary market.. which is in line with what Rob mentioned about a dwindling market.
At least we tried.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Hilario,

Thanks for your patience. I've reached out to the appropriate teams to relay your feedback and gain additional clarity on why the "Download Search Results" feature was removed.

My team has informed me that this feature was discontinued due to high costs with a relatively small population using this feature. However, I definitely understand that this is important to our valued investors such as yourself and apologize for the inconvenience. At the time of the removal, under 200 investors utilized and downloaded the file. Even though a small population downloaded the file, we were billed for each download. As a result, the cumulative number of times the file was pinged added up to high costs.

Once again, I apologize and definitely appreciate your understanding in advance. We hope to prioritize and expand our secondary platform functionalities in the future.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

jheizer

So if more people used it the cost would be even higher...  Seems dumb.  But yes, at least folio is there still.

TravelingPennies

I appreciate everyone's efforts to get to the bottom of this and am very dismayed that it's a feature that was discontinued b/c of a business cost decision. I can not, however, for the life of me figure out how an already programmed feature that is automated and performed by a server request can possibly be that costly. I think based on Rob L's insight, it looks like the small-time Self Directed IRA base is being slowly eliminated, likely b/c the small guys have just enough to keep their accounts free but a very costly amount to LC. It's what $100 a year for SDIRA services? Shame... I guess I won't be contributing any more to my account, I just don't trust LC at this point.

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL