Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Account Liquidation- How did you get the last of your notes to sell?

Started by Peter, May 11, 2018, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr.everett

This question is aimed at others who have liquidated their LC accounts. I'm to the point where I have about 45 notes in my Taxable account, and about 500 notes in my IRA account. These would seem to be the notes that for whatever reason no one wants. (At any cost)

Selling them is becoming more and more difficult- I'm up to an 11% discount now and not really selling much of them. A good day of sales is 20-30 of them, a typical day is 5-10.

Here's the question:

1. To sell your remaining notes- did you have to put an extreme discount on them to move them?
2. What was the discount?
3. What other strategy did you use that I may not have considered or thought of?

I'm not looking to have a fire sale as I've lost enough money between chargeoffs and discounted sales. If the general consensus is to just let them run off on their own, I may do that.

Curious to hear other's thoughts/experiences.

lascott

Great thread as I'm moving my Taxable money as well as some ROTH IRA money to other investments.

To your point for your taxable account, you could let them ride and your only hassle is dealing with the tax docs for a couple (36-month loans) or few (60-month loans) and transferring the money occasionally to your bank account. The IRA account is complicated if you get below 10K as you have a $100 AFAIK. 

Will be interested in some of your questions answers.

Eelyeroc

You are having the same issue as me. See my Topic Listing "Notes on Folio For Lending Club Not Showing Up On Browse For Loans". Your notes are not showing up on a general "browse". Look to see if you can find your listings.  According to Folio, "only certain investors can see these with certain criteria set".

OleBill

I too have been attempting to sell off the notes in my Lending Club IRA account. I've been at it for several months and probably won't finish for another month. I've been writing a blog, billlanke.blogspot.com, for about a year dealing with my Lending Club experience. I've currently posted the method of selling notes and the issue surrounding this. I assume all of the readers in this forum are familiar with the process.

My next post will deal with the process I use and contain some numbers showing daily progress. I'll follow this with an updated status on how the overall fire sale is going. Then I hope to try to make a stab at computing how much selling out early cost me. Follow along if you wish.

Lovinglifestyle

I've been trying to sell a current note with a perfect payment record. Its last completed payment date was 3-7-18.  It appears to be available to sell, but after entering the price and "submit" I get this: "One or more of your Notes cannot be sold. Note Id(s): 70825904, 73176492".  The actual note ID is 82606235.

I asked LC about it, but have not yet received a reply.  Weird.  The only reason that could apply is if there is a pending BK.  There are no comments under the payment history. 

When the sell function works, dropping the price is the way I get notes sold.  They have to be priced to sell--not priced to keep.  I sold the worst notes first, and am letting the best live out their lives until something regresses.  I keep an eye on the monthly FICO trend chart via the sort function on the Folio SELL page for what to sell.

Haven't read OleBill's blog yet, but am looking forward to doing that!  Thanks!
Edit to add:  P.S.  On the 14th now, I am now able to list the note, although I did not yet get a reply from LC.
2nd Edit:  8 min. after listing for -2.56% it sold.

TravelingPennies

I'm continuing my selloff of notes. Yesterday I sold 8 more and decided to look at these in detail. They had been offered with an average discount of about 8.5% and not sold. When this average increased to about 11%, they sold. However the 2.5% increase in discount failed to get many others sold. I've put the details on my blog.

TravelingPennies

I'm nearing the end of my selling off the notes in my IRA. I've sold 10 current notes at discounts from 19% to 39%. I also sold one in it's grace period for $5.00 (a 77% discount), and one over 30 days late for $0.20.

I still have 4 that are over 30 days late but apparently can't offer them for sale on FOLIOfn. I guess I'll have to hope they make a partial payment and I can then list them, or hope they get charged off soon.

TravelingPennies

I think I'm getting to the end of the road as well. Taxable account is down to 30 notes, about $300 is sellable, the rest will charge off at some point. Discount is currently at 16% and not much is selling. I'm not willing at this point to go any farther to get rid of the last notes through Folio- I think what's left at this point probably has black marks and will not sell.

My IRA is down to 300 notes with ~ $5k sellable, and ~ $1K will charge off. Again, selling has really tailed off. Really hating the thought of a long goodbye on the IRA. Might go a few more points down to see if anything else significant sells but I have a strong feeling it won't.

TravelingPennies

If you don't mind keeping the Taxable account open longer, you can simply transfer notes from your IRA to Taxable account through FOLIOfn. This will unblock you from closing the IRA account with LC. You can let these unwanted notes mature in your Taxable account.

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL