Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

download lending club data 2015 error

Started by Peter, December 26, 2017, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrydag

Anyone else having issues downloading the 2015 lending club loan data?  It seems to be giving me errors.  All of the other csv files download fine.

https://www.lendingclub.com/info/download-data.action" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">https://www.lendingclub.com/info/download-data.action

Rob L

It failed for me too just now.
I downloaded it on 12/17 and that worked fine.

Fred93

I just tried downloading it, and it downloaded fine.

What error message are you getting?

TravelingPennies

Fred, I'm getting a network error fail.  Sometimes it only downloads 50kb and it is a corrupted file that doesn't unzip

TravelingPennies

Huh.  A very low level error.  After you sent your first message I downloaded a few times fine, and unzipped with no problem.

TCP protocol should deliver bytes of the file with guaranteed correctness, even when some packets are corrupted by the network.  Hard to know what is going wrong.  Could be at either end.

Were you logged in to lendingclub at the time you downloaded the file?  I ask this because I was logged in when I tried it, and if you're not logged in, they give you a different file.  I just wanted to make sure that you and I were downloading  the same file.

I presume you're downloading using a web broswser. 
Have you tried a different browser? 
Have you tried restarting the browser?
Have you tried flushing the browser's cache?  (I know, this seems silly, but there's some chance.)
Have you tried rebooting?

Do you have an alternative network you can try?  ie, if your network connectivity is via a cable modem, could you try connecting via perhaps your cell phone and see if that makes a difference?

TravelingPennies

For me:
Downloading without signing in first (filename LoanStats3d.csv.zip) produces the "Failed - Network error" message (Chrome).
Downloading after signing in first (filename LoanStats3d_secure1.csv.zip) works fine.

TravelingPennies

Thanks Fred and Rob.  I'm definitely signed in.  I tried using Firefox and got the same results.  I was using Chrome.  I have a feeling its my ISP or network or something similar.  I'll try using my phone to download.  That is a good idea.

BUMP.  Tried with my Android phone using only cell data (no Wifi) and it still gives me the corrupted file.  It is only downloading a 50.5 mb file instead of the listed 74mb file. 

Really frusturating.  Don't know what.  I've tried so many different ways including what you recommended Fred such as clearing cache and rebooting.  I build my own lending model primarily based on Lending Robots survival model.  I'm trying to update my model and I want updated data.  Missing 2015 data would really be a hindrance.

TravelingPennies

At this point you've tried two different ISPs, so it isn't your ISP.

You've tried two different browsers, so it isn't a browser quirk or plugin.

I'd say it has to be something in your computer that is causing the download to abort.  But not all downloads, just this one file. 

Does it stop at the same place in the file every time, ie are the bad files you download all identical?

What nonstandard software do you have installed that may be interfering with network operations?

Do you have any aftermarket networking software installed ... download speederuppers, or anonymizers or whatnot?  If so, uninstall them.

What antivirus software do you have?  (Even antivirus software should only look at the file after it completely downloads, and complain or quarantine the file then, but a lot of these antivirus programs hook into a lot more things than they should.)  You could try disabling antivirus during this download.

Might have to get a packet trace to diagnose this.  Have you ever used WireShark?  Have any familiarity with TCP protocol?  You would need some familiarity.

If all else fails ... Jan 2nd or so they will update the files, so whatever it was in this particular file that was triggering this nonsense will likely be gone.

TravelingPennies

Oh!  One reason a server bug might affect some clients and not others is different OSs on the clients.  Every different OS implements slightly different algorithms in its TCP software, so the protocol exchanges will be slightly different depending on which OS you're running.  It is possible to imagine a server bug that would therefore trigger only for certain clients, if they were running different OS.

Larrydag and Rob L, what operating system are you running?

I'm running windows 7.

TravelingPennies

OS Name   Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version   10.0.16299 Build 16299

Just gave it a try on an old Linux Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Firefox something or another browser.
No download problems either signed in or not signed in.

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

Anyway I just tried again and it finally worked.  I'm guessing a server side error like you mentioned Fred.  Thanks for looking into Fred and Rob.

rawraw

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL