Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | seaking.eth 1.500 Ξ | muk.eth 1.500 Ξ | torkoal.eth 0.200 Ξ | ALL

Best way to measure true return?

Started by Peter, August 07, 2017, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rj2

We all know that ANAR is pretty useless. What do people do instead.

I looked at my July statement, being half way through the year: $13003 account value, $814.77 in interest, $640.96 in charge-offs, $173.81 net return.

$173.81/$13003 = 1.34% or about 2.69% annualized. Weighted Average Return 16.5%.

bluto

My preference is XIRR (a spreadsheet function) using every cashflow in to and out from the account along with the current adjusted account value. 

If you want an intermediate value, treat it as though the account was created on the first of the month at the adjusted month beginning value, and add any relevant cash flows, and use the adjusted month end or month-to-date value. 

jheizer

Same.  Life time and individual year's XIRR off the "stock" adjusted account value.

fliphusker

Does anyone use Google docs to calc XIRR? If so can you give me a quick tutorial?

TravelingPennies

This is more of less what I do  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XpoDKlFfH6adI2U3PTctHxhZn4sR4j-0EbiAdRNUC-o/edit?usp=sharing" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XpoDKlFfH6adI2U3PTctHxhZn4sR4j-0EbiAdRNUC-o/edit?usp=sharing

The Account value can be what ever you want to track.  I used the adjusted account value as is.  Others above have used different numbers.  The end of year +/- amounts of the account value is so you can do break outs for yearly XIRR if so desired.  It doesn't effect the life time since it all flows on the same date. 

cgfan

I use XIRR in Google Docs too, though in my case I use the account total as reported in the monthly statements.  But I'd rather use something akin to the adjusted account value - does this appear in any form in the monthly statements?  I have not been able to find it.

At the end of each month I extract key figures from my statements to track account XIRR among other metrics.  While I know I can get the adjusted account value directly from LendingClub's Account Details page, I may not always get to it in a timely enough manner to accurately represent the month just concluded.  This is why I use the account totals from the statement, even though I'd prefer to use the adjusted account value. 

Does anyone know if the adjusted account value can be extracted off of the statements, or alternatively extracted from the website for an arbitrary prior date after the fact?

kuhnrl30

I had a few defaults early on so one metric I track is how close I am to getting back to even.  I take the ratio of interest received to the defaults and principal in late loans.  Just recently getting over 1.0 means that I've received more interest than what I have/will write off.

Interest received / (Default + Principal >31 days late) = Ratio

NEW LOANS:   | seaking.eth 1.500 Ξ | muk.eth 1.500 Ξ | torkoal.eth 0.200 Ξ | ALL