Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | clefable.eth 1.500 Ξ | venusaur.eth 2.000 Ξ | charmeleon.eth 2.000 Ξ | ALL

Roofstock

Started by Peter, August 09, 2017, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawraw

Just heard about Roofstock, a website trying to make it easy to buy and manage single family rentals across the country. Anyone looked into it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TravelingPennies

jz451

I looked into it when I saw it on TV. It's basically a marketplace to buy/sell rental proeprties. It's not worth it since most of the properties are trash. You're better off looking on the MLS the traditional way and hiring a proeprty management company.

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

They are a young platform. I'm sure they'd love to offer that but they have to convince people to use them.  I saw properties ranging from 50k to 1 million

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TravelingPennies

From what you have been saying it sounds like you would not like real estate investing. You have to treat it like a business and not like a mutual fund or ETF where you set it and forget it. It involves a lot of work that some people don't want to do, which is fine, might not be your cup of tea. The properties on Roofstock are meant to generate cash flow just like LC and not increase value through appreciation. Properties listed are going to be cheaper than in higher value areas like on the west coast, and typically older and may or may not need some TLC. But as you probably saw there are people who buy the proeprties listed on Roofstock.

https://forum.lendacademy.com/index.php?topic=4532.msg41599#msg88888888Quote"> from: EmilyFoxSeaton on August 06, 2017, 04:26:54 PM

Peter

INVH - problem solved.  MAA - or the other one, Avalon Bay? - if you want apartments.

Reg FD:  Owned by me.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

jheizer

I too have some MAA and AVB. Seems a whole lot easier than owning property.

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

NEW LOANS:   | clefable.eth 1.500 Ξ | venusaur.eth 2.000 Ξ | charmeleon.eth 2.000 Ξ | ALL