Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | pineco.eth 0.299 Ξ | seaking.eth 1.500 Ξ | ALL

Strange e-mail regarding Prosper Audit - Virus?

Started by Peter, February 02, 2017, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktrdsl23

I got a strange e-mail today.  Here are the basics of the body.  The Investor number is my correct Prosper ID number.  Do you guys think this is simply a virus file and Prosper account IDs got hacked or do you think this is legitimate?  The e-mail did seem to come from [email protected]

Hello,
My name is XXXX XXXXX and I work for Deloitte & Touche LLP. PROSPER MARKETPLACE, INC. has identified you as the appropriate contact to respond to an audit confirmation request.
Please review the information in the attached zip file and respond by completing any included requests. See below for the confirmation request(s) included in this email:
Investor #XXXXXXX-Notes Confirmation

When complete, please sign and return the confirmation request(s) by following the instructions therein. If you have any questions, or need any assistance, please reply to this email ([email protected]).
Thank you,
XXXX XXXXXX
Deloitte & Touche LLP

Fred93

Not virus.  Its their audit.

Was inappropriate for D&T to put financial details, such as account balances, in unsecure email.  Surely this violates some D&T procedures.  I suggest you tell Deloitte this.

dr.everett

I wouldn't open the zip file- it's common to use a zip file to get past anti-virus.

Peter

I think a better question is:  Why is Deloitte polling Prosper account holders about their balances?  Who's paying them to do it - and why?
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

TravelingPennies

I called Prosper investor customer service and was told to forward the e-mail to Prosper investor services.  The rep told me not to open the e-mail or respond until I hear back.  It seems inappropriate for me to have to respond to Deloitte in such an unprofessional manner.  I didn't open the file but if Fred is correct and it lists my account balances that seems very inappropriate.

NaderTime

Sounds like a virus scam. As far as Prosper checking it out, hope you're not expecting a reply anytime soon.

NEW LOANS:   | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | pineco.eth 0.299 Ξ | seaking.eth 1.500 Ξ | ALL