Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Question about Loans Paid Early

Started by Peter, January 06, 2016, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktrdsl23

I wanted to take a look at how I was doing on loans that are paid early.  I moved all of my loans that were paid off early to a new portfolio and it appears that I received $8799 of payments on an investment of $8350.   Assuming no fees that would be a return of 5.3% of course I can't ignore fees.  Is there any simple way for me to determine the amount I lost to fees on this?  I realize the fees will be different if they were paid off a month into the loan vs. a month before the final payment but perhaps there is something quick and dirty I can do to get an approximation.

Thanks.

GS

In order to get a real idea of how loans paid off early compare to your returns, you'd have to annualized the return .... Otherwise, 4.3% does really tell you much ...

Perhaps a way to approximate it a little closer .... If you can get an average of how many months a note is held before it pays off -lets say the average is 6 months - Then is likely that prepaid notes are giving you an annual return of about 8 percent.

It's complicated a bit more because LC waives the 1% fee on larger than normal payments during the first year, so hypothetically, if you pay 1 cent on a 1 dollar monthly payment for five months, then get a $23 payment to pay off the note, you still only pay one cent on that last payment, for a total of 6 cents in fees on $28 in payments ...

Fred93

jheizer

TravelingPennies

Under the title "Rates and Fees" do you get an empty white box (as do I)?  Or do you get the breakdown of grades and sub-grades with their current interest rates in the box (as I used to)?  I tried the link several times from different places before posting--can't imagine why there aren't any colors, grades, and numbers in the box!

TravelingPennies

The box is not empty. 

Perhaps you need to clear your browser cache or restart your browser or try a different browser or something of that sort.

NEW LOANS:   | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL