Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

IGP No Contact Made

Started by Peter, January 05, 2017, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jz451

Over the past couple of months I have noticed that when notes of mine become late Lending Club has not made any contact with the borrower between the due date and settlement date when the ACH is being pulled, or after when the note goes into its Grace Period. Does anyone know why Lending Club is not making the effort to contact some of its borrowers?

Data Junkie

I asked about this once when I noted the collection log showed no contact activity on a late loan.  Here is an excerpt of the reply I received from LC:

"Generally, when a loan is delinquent and the collection log on a loan performance page does not have any updates, it is due to unconfirmed information that we have received pertaining to a borrower's account. For example, if a borrower tells us that they have filed for bankruptcy, we do not update the loan performance page to show that information until we have confirmed the bankruptcy. Additionally, we are unable to contact the borrower once they mention bankruptcy to us.

Similarly, if a borrower begins working with a debt management company or is going through a debt settlement, we are unable to update the loan performance page until we have received confirmation and we are unable to reach out until the debt management company permits.

Another example for when a loan performance page is not updated is when we hear news that a borrower has passed away. We cannot update the collection log until we have received confirmation."

For the loan I was inquiring about, all of a sudden it was paid off when it was pretty late-- great news!  As a side note, I also have another loan where there was a note in the log that the borrower had passed away.  Hope that helps.

Lovinglifestyle

Thank you, that is helpful information I hadn't known before.  It's the opposite of what I was thinking when contemplating sale of those notes.  I thought no news might be good news. 

AnilG

In the absence of any logging for IGP notes, your decision will be driven by your prior personal experiences or past available information. If LFS's prior experience has been that majority of IGP notes with no logging are bad, LFS will consider selling IGP notes. Just because a few IGP notes turned out good ex-post or someone else (anablo) had good ex-post experience doesn't invalidate LFS actions based on the information available at the time of the decision. "Some may turn out good" doesn't help anyone in making decision about what to do with IGP notes.

https://forum.lendacademy.com/index.php?topic=4242.msg39944#msg88888888Quote"> from: anabio on February 25, 2017, 05:18:28 PM

NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL