Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Couple questions about student loans and credit

Started by Peter, September 11, 2018, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesscageorger

Hello, my name is Jessica, I am 25 now and will be finishing school now..

Couple questions about student loans and credit.

So, do they affect the credit score?

I don't have any job right now, and I am constantly looking, how much time will I have to start paying them off?

I will have around $40,000 total of debt and just want to see how it will affect my credit because I plan on buying a home in the next 3 years.

Do student loans will hurt my credit?

Will I need to hire a a https://raiseupcreditrepair.com/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">credit repair company so I have a score of 700 at least?

Lets say I find a job at 80k, how much should I pay them off?

Not sure what the interest is.

Anyway, thanks! and I hope I am in the right category!

lascott

It is not clear if you are a real person https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif" alt=":)" title="Smiley" class="smiley" /> but here is a little info. Some depends on where you got the student loans and what are the interest rates. Also suggest signing up for http://www.creditkarma.com" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">www.creditkarma.com to get their free dashboard and details (the catch is they are trying to get you to sign up for credit cards, auto ins, mortgages, etc thru their portal where they get a kickback. I don't do that).

Q: When must I begin repaying my student loans? Do I have a grace period?
A: Most student loans have a six-month grace period, which means you won't have to start making payments until six months after you graduate, drop out or drop below half-time status. The grace period is meant to give you a chance to find a job and begin earning an income before you're swamped with bills.

Tips to prepare for student loan payments:
  • Use the grace period to research student loan repayment options
  • Create a budget built around your student loans
  • Prioritize paying off student loans
  • Communicate with your loan servicer
  • Set up automatic payments to avoid late fees
  • Avoid student loan default at all cost
  • Know the exact date when you expect to pay off the loan and give yourself a target ahead of that to shoot for
The following types of loans have six-month grace periods:
  • Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans
  • Subsidized/Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans
  • Some private student loans

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL