Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

New Understanding Your Returns Chart

Started by Peter, November 14, 2016, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jheizer

I guess with so many dots that look negative now they didn't want people seeing the dots as clearly.

https://forum.lendacademy.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi91.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fk299%2Fheezer7%2Fchrome_2016-11-15_09-23-22_zpsa9f1u0zr.png&hash=db807403d11bcf7203182b77e6250ea4" alt="" class="bbc_img" />

lascott

Scale changed too. It used to only go to -5% and now it goes to -15%

TravelingPennies

I'm crazy busy until after thanksgiving, but I'll add a super sized chart to the compare page.  If I don't do it by early Dec someone bump this to nudge remind me https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif" alt=":)" title="Smiley" class="smiley" />

apc3161

Notice how things went started going bad ~24 months ago, i.e. when they went public.  I've said it before, but basically after they went public, in an attempt to maintain their insane growth, they drastically lowered lending standards.

Lovinglifestyle

Wish the chart went past 30 months.  Out of focus is ridiculous! 

The only reason I haven't been investing is what you said, apc3161, about the lowered loan standards.  All the new loans for sale have at least two characteristics similar to loans I already sold (sold because they went Grace, if not BK for no apparent reason).  Am not going to buy more just like them, and am proactive now about selling what I wouldn't buy today, before lateness happens to questionable currents.

TravelingPennies

After lascott noted that the scale changed that's probably why it went fuzzy.  If I had to guess.  So not as bad I guess.  Still sucks.

investor88

It's only a matter of time before LC removes this chart completely or changes it drastically.  LC does whatever it can to keep a rosy picture even if it means a very blurry picture and misleading information to their investors.

rawraw

When I first started, they used to compare you vs peers for return performance.  It didn't stick around for very long if I recall correctly

Edward Reid

Annoying. I'm not going to put in time trying to read the JS to see if there's a technical reason that the scale change would cause the fuzziness.

But if changing the scale helps to remind the naive that they CAN lose money with P2P lending, it's a good thing.

Edward

Rob L

Unless its changed recently LC uses the commercial graphics package FusionCharts  (Javascript version). It's a very good package and handles most if not all the graphics displayed on the LC website. Maybe the package has a "fuzz my dots" option; I really don't know. Both the chart and a whole lot of the accounts are pretty ugly now. Still, much better than nothing. If they took it away I'd really miss it.

Peter

For all I know, those dots under the 0% line could have made greedy-in-a-bad-way decisions and could deserve to lose money / learn a lesson.  I think the asset class has been dumbed down a tremendous amount, for a long time, in order to have broad/mass appeal - but the time has probably come that it functions more like a marketplace, where people take their lumps (or dots) for making bad allocations.

Of course, I was quite happy with the way Prosper 1.0 worked, and came out of that okay, even though "most people" did not "do well".

The training wheels are off the bike - dress accordingly or wind up with skint elbows and a cracked dome.  That chart is a clear warning...
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL