Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | sandile.eth 0.200 Ξ | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

U.S. Consumers Are Increasingly Defaulting on Loans Made Online

Started by Peter, November 14, 2016, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TravelingPennies

I've been thinking a lot lately about the gradual lowering of returns on my portfolio over the past year or so due to a pick up in delinquencies. I remember listening to a podcast a few months where there was discussion about how the Fed went about setting 2% as their inflation target. The take-away was that there wasn't anything particularly scientific or magic about the 2% number other than the Fed wants to avoid deflation, so a 1% target means variance would occasionally push it negative. 2% gives a good buffer for when the dips occur. If feel like LC and other lenders need to be very judicious with their rates so that if and when delinquencies rise, there will be enough of a buffer to still achieve returns.

NEW LOANS:   | sandile.eth 0.200 Ξ | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL