Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

lendacademy web server problems

Started by Peter, October 26, 2016, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred93

Frequently over the past week, I get a 404 not found error message when attempting to view a page on the lendacademy forum.  Clicking refresh fetches the page (usually), but sometimes I have to wait a few minutes, after which a refresh will work.

Here's one of the messages...
<html>
<head><title>404 Not Found</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>404 Not Found</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>

TravelingPennies

Getting worse I think.  The outages each last about 1 minute.  I see a few every day, but I'm not always using the web site, so I suspect there are dozens of them every day.

Zach

Thanks everyone for pointing this out. I will look into this further.

TravelingPennies

Yeah, there is something going on. Maybe a DoS attack  https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif" alt=":)" title="Smiley" class="smiley" />
But seriously, there are problems with the server I've not seen before.
Becoming a real PITA.

TravelingPennies

Some additional observations...

1. During one of these outages, I can ping the lendacademy web server. 

2. I have only noticed the outages while reading the forum, but during one of the outages I tried to access the main lendacademy web page.  It also timed out.  In other words, during the outage, all web pages are down, not just the forum.

3. The symptom is always a long delay (must be a timeout of some kind) followed by a 404 message from your server.  Because we get the 404 message, the browser is not timing out.  Something internal to the web server is timing out.

4. The 404 message we get is not your customized 404 message, but appears to be the default nginx 404 message.  I tried intentionally accessing a nonexistant page, something like www.lendacademy/forum/nonexistentpage.htm and that fails with a nice 404 message containing a lendacademy logo etc.

My guess is that your web server becomes unable to access the files that contain the web site content.  Perhaps a file system is going offline, or communication with a back-end server is being lost.

RyanL

Hi all, we've made some changes on the hosting side. If you continue to notice issues please let us know. Thanks!

rawraw

TravelingPennies

Ditto, 2 min. or so ago.  I copied my post before I lost it and started the process over.  Fine now.

TravelingPennies

Just happened to me again (twice in a row); the 404, nginx problem.

TravelingPennies

Thanks for the heads up. We are continuing to work on this.

TravelingPennies

I observed one of these outages Thur morning 10/20 12:38AM PST (may have started earlier) to about 12:41:30AM.

This is the first time I've written down the times.  I watched it for over 3.5 minutes! 

NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL