Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Over 200 loans and flat return after ~ 3 months

Started by Peter, June 14, 2016, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pennsteric

I am a new investor in LC loans, and essentially have been invested with majority of money in over 200 loans for about 2-3 months. I already have 5-6 late payments (which after I count as zero value) ate all my interest away.

Either statistically I am the unluckiest investor on here per historical return data or something is different on the platform with the current vintage.

I essentially randomly chose loans of B-D grade and credit scores of 700+ with no other criteria.

Anyone else who recently began investing getting defaults well above the historical norm?

Fayte

I am fairly new as well. I am on month one with 52 notes, with another 40 on the way. But I have a tight restriction on what I invest in. Even though they are on the riskier spectrum (C-Es notes) I by all means do not do random. I look at credit, inquiries, income, loan amount, years at job. There are many factors that I look at the more picky I am the better. That way when someone does default hopefully I learn a thing or too. I know there will be defaults but hopefully less then just looking at credit score...

fliphusker

My account is 2.7 months old
160 current notes. 3 paid early 1 I wrote off already due to bankruptcy.  1 was IGP, but paid yesterday.  https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif" alt=":)" title="Smiley" class="smiley" />  (both notes bought with bad filter on 3rd party site)

I have very stringent filters though, which I strongly suggest doing.  Check out NSR and backtest there. 

AnilG

You are afflicted with, what I call, "excessive monitoring" that most new lenders contract. Just relax and let your portfolio build up and achieve steady state. There is nothing wrong with your loan selection strategy of B-D grade with 700+ FICO score. The Grade and FICO are two highly relevant parameters. Though it is simple and effective, I will suggest adding DTI < 20% - 25% to your selection strategy. FICO doesn't incorporate Income and Grade is mildly influenced by DTI.

Fred

My FOLIO portfolio has 100% late, because I bought late notes.  https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/wink.gif" alt=";)" title="Wink" class="smiley" />

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL