Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Direct Lending Investments

Started by Peter, June 14, 2016, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

investny

Have you seen their presentation?
What are your thoughts?
LC vs DLI?

Fred93

Unlike a portfolio of loans at Prosper or LendingClub, you can't look inside DL.  You can't see whether they have chosen high risk loans or low risk loans.  You can't see whether their loans are doing well or not.

DL does not seem to mark down their portfolio for impairments or interest rate changes.  This leaves the possibility of a severe markdown in the future, when they may be forced to suddenly realize losses.

DL buys loans from very small originators.  These small originators don't share information about their loans as Prosper and Lending Club do.  We know nothing about their underwriting.  We know nothing about the ongoing quality of their loans.

With Prosper and Lending Club, you have incredible transparency, and can see what you're investing in, and how it is doing.  With DL it seems to me that you have none of these things.

hrux

Fred is mistaken regarding DL.  Brendan Ross fund is transparent and more importantly a much better risk-return profile versus investing in a retail product of unsecured consumer debt.   I used to be an avid investor of LC, Prosper, Funding Circle and have liquidated most of my assets with them.  Really like the direct lending space but prefer collateral. 

sean3.eth

RyanL

Brendan was the latest guest on the Lend Academy podcast if you are looking to learn more about DLI: http://www.lendacademy.com/podcast-74-brendan-ross-direct-lending-investments/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.lendacademy.com/podcast-74-brendan-ross-direct-lending-investments/

NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL