Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Lending Club New Product?

Started by Peter, April 14, 2016, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruiserB

Didn't Lending Club state either at the end of last year or early this year that they would be introducing something big this spring?  I half expected to maybe see an announcement tied into the LendIt conference, but nothing.  Any more ideas on what it may be or when it may happen?  I seem to remember speculation around car financing or something similar.  Does anyone expect it will be something that will be available to retail investors?

rawraw

They announced it'll be launched at their investor day or earnings release, can't remember which . I keep thinking it was May 13 but likely wrong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jheizer

I think during lendit one of their people casually mentioned something come on June 4th? June something.  I forget exactly what he said now though.

Peter

Laplanche announced at LendIt that new product would be revealed on June 13th.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

LoanShark

Whats it going to be?  Auto loans?  Mortgages?  Or tuition for clown college?

Jim G

Maybe it will be a Certificate of deposit? And LC will get into the banking business to lower their cost of capital.

Fred93

Credit card.

Edited to add:  Those red jackets are kinda nice.  Perhaps its a clothing line.

TravelingPennies

Prescott

RT45

The way it was being hyped and the secrecy around other marketplace lenders seems like it will be some type of new credit product, like their small business "use what you need," credit line product and not just adding a traditional credit product to the mix.

TravelingPennies

avid investor

Why would they touch auto loans?  I am still seeing 2% on car loans.  How bad a risk would a debtor have to be before you would be able to get a decent return as an investor?  I don't think I would touch them.

TravelingPennies

From a borrower standpoint I can see some sort of "line of credit" product being attractive, whether a consumer credit card or a business credit line, etc.  But I have a hard time picturing how to fractionalize it from a lender standpoint....you can't have several people all willing to loan someone money on a moment's notice.  Unless hundreds of lines of credit are aggregated into a fund with institutional ownership.  I can't see that being something us little guys can invest in.

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL