Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

"Expected Return" - where does this number come from?

Started by Peter, October 24, 2015, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennrod12

I found tons of info about the BLE on the Peer Cube blog pages, but I'm not sure where the "Expected Return" number comes from?

I really enjoy the site, thanks to Anil for putting it together! 

I also like the twitter feed, I use it to see how many notes were issued and how many loans were available at that time.  For example, if very few loans were issued, it may not be worth my time to log in and try to pick up new loans.  If there is a ton of inventory and a lot of loans were issued, it might be worth my time to look, even if it's an hour or two after the drop.

Jenn

AnilG

At high level, expected return is what left after subtracting the expected losses from the yield of a loan. The expected losses is mostly consist of potential losses due to loan default (default risk), it also takes into consideration few other factors such as economic conditions.

Thanks for liking twitter feed and site. You are using it exactly the way I thought lenders who want to hand-pick loans might use the twitter alert. You suggestions to make PeerCube service more useful are always welcome.

TravelingPennies

Thanks for the explanation - just to be clear, does the "Risk Index" factor into the "Expected Return"?  Or is it up to the user to come up with a "risk factor adjusted expected return"?

Jenn

TravelingPennies

Yes, Risk Index is already factored into Expected Return.

https://forum.lendacademy.com/index.php?topic=3479.msg30922#msg88888888Quote"> from: jennrod12 on October 26, 2015, 09:11:08 PM

edward

lascott,

Is it your understanding that the chart you posted includes both 36 and 60 month loans combined? And that unlike the charts following it on the Lending Club website, this one does not allow you to display the data separated into 36 and 60 months separately?

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL