Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Quick Overview of Folio Strategies?

Started by Peter, October 18, 2015, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avid investor

Hi all.  I have never traded on the Folio platform.  Frankly, I'm not sure of the typical expectation for selling notes on that platform.

Hi understand selling under-performing notes.  Buyers willing to buy them are going to discount their current value in hopes that the borrower will pay them off and the investor will get a large payday. 

For well-performing notes, what is a reasonable expectation for the sale price?  For example, if you have a $100 original note at 16% with a $90 balance, no late pmts, etc., what would a fair price typically be for this note that has 4 years to go?

Any help understanding the typical "sell" strategy would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Fred

My Folio strategy for both buy and sell is to price the notes at or near the minimum markup.

I have been archiving Folio notes for more than 1 year now.  Here is the historical minimum and average markup for Current and A+B grades notes:

https://forum.lendacademy.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FmQBgjij.png&hash=9fccc41b77a68d659c4326779732662f" alt="" class="bbc_img" />

Not a pretty picture, unfortunately. ;-)

TravelingPennies

Thanks Fred.  Can you give explain how the markup works?  In other words, can you show me the math with a sample note?  I'm thinking that it must start with the remaining balance of the note, right?  Total newbie on this.  FYI, I am looking at selling.

TravelingPennies

I get it Anil, thank you.  Basically, you are starting at outstanding principle value and going down from there based on the current perceived value of the ROI.  Makes sense.

NEW LOANS:   | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL