Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Auto-Invest -- most loans are fully funded

Started by Peter, September 16, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahoffman52

Recently, I've noticed that most of the loans I'm trying to auto-invest in are showing up as "Loan fully funded." In the past week, 55% (56/101) of my loans have been fully funded -- in some cases, over 80% of the loans addressed by an single auto-invest confirmation email have been fully funded. Is there anything that can be done to help prevent this, e.g., having IR submit the request to LC sooner than it is now?

AmCap

Would you mind sharing the filters you're using?  You can load your strategy on the analysis page and then copy and paste the permalink.

rlv99

Would you mind sharing the filters you're using?

I have a similar experience, but, I fail to see what his filters have to do with the problem, assuming he hasn't tightened them recently.  One week, IR is getting me 4-5 loans each release.  The next week, 3-4 of those loans are fully funded before IR can get them.

I have concluded that LC wants to limit the API use by 3rd parties such as IR.  However, individuals can still get a limited number "manually", for the time being, if they are diligent.  Therefore, the individual , who is also an IR subscriber, can get his loans by being diligent ahead of IR, thereby generating the note to himself, "Loan Fully Funded", when, in fact, it is probably less than 50% funded.   

I hope the above makes sense.  I am just as frustrated as ahoffman52.

TravelingPennies

My filters are customized with pretty tight criteria. There's nothing wrong with the filters themselves, as I've had them auto-invest just fine in the past. Only recently has there been a substantial increase in the percentage of loans being 'fully funded.' This suggests to me that there are now other big fish out there submitting orders to the API faster than IR is submitting them. That's why I wonder if anything can be done to speed the process, even if only by a few seconds, milliseconds, nanoseconds, whatever. I've read that high-frequency trading servers are coloated right at the exchange to gain just a few nanoseconds over the competition. I'm not suggesting colocation here, but I mention that for the proposition that even a short amount of time probably matters here. It's all speculation, though, as I have no way of knowing the root cause of this recent problem.

TravelingPennies

I'm trying to get a bit more color on whether the problem is purely computing performance or demand based on your experience.

Zach

The problem is that currently IR auto-invest doesn't use the API because LC is very restrictive with providing API access to individual accounts. The API will almost always be faster than screen-scraping the order process.

rev

IR do it all through the LC site, no API is involved anymore. (The API was never used to actually place an order, only to list loans.)
The delay to get your order placed, and therefore more loans are fully funded when that happens, is due to the random queue of IR users each time. I'm working on a solution to that.

NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL