Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | sandile.eth 0.200 Ξ | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Anyone Use FOLIO Investing for Stock Investing?

Started by Peter, November 29, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trekmanone

I am evaluating Motif vs Folio Investing. While Motif appears cheaper I did some math and wanted to bounce my understanding off the group.
I plan to invest say $1,000 @ month into 2-3 motifs/folios. Lets start with 1. At Motif, this equals $10 * 12 mth = $120 annual per motif.
Say bi-annual rebalance @ $10 * 2 = $20 annual. So now $140 annual per motif.
If I invested monthly into say 3 motifs this now becomes $420 annual fees at Motifs, $290 at FOLIOfn.
I'm sure I'd need to "tweak" buy/sells in these motifs each year adding another $5 per stock trade (Motif).

Correct me if I'm wrong but FOLIOfn does appear to be the less expensive of the two?

As far as dividend reinvestment goes, I'd rather have the cash and select who to reinvest in based on value investing. Not all stocks would blindly want to have it's dividends reinvested back into itself. There may be other stocks say undervalued to invest in versus overvalued stocks. Just my 2 cents.

NEW LOANS:   | sandile.eth 0.200 Ξ | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL