Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Any New Loans Lately?

Started by Peter, November 29, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avid investor

Seriously.  Has ANYONE found ANY loans to buy in the last 6 feeding times?

Fred93

Yes indeed.  The last two weeks, my filter just stopped producing loans.  I've bought a few loans during this time only by looking for loans that came close to my filter, and then I could only find maybe 1 every other day.

Obviously something has changed.  Often these things are temporary, but they are puzzling.  You may have noted that the # loans on the web site has gone down steadily over the last two weeks.  You can see this hour by hour!

I called my LC rep on Wednesday and asked her what they were doing.  She said I was not the only person to make this complaint.  Said she believes the issue is that this season there is light borrower demand.  I'm always skeptical, because these reps tend to simply repeat "the party line" on some issue, so I don't feel satisfied by her explanation.  However, it could be correct.

Here's an entirely-made-up-but-plausible explanation:  Suppose a new (but considered important) institutional customer has just arrived, and is trying to deploy $182 Million.  He complains that there isn't enough product, so LC turns the knob, shifting a higher fraction of loan volume to the whole-loan platform, and gives us peanuts for awhile.  If this is did happen, then it would be important that LC receive complaints from the fractional-loan community, so that they can observe pain from starving us. 

Now I don't know whether that happened or not, but I hope it explains my view that it is important that you call LC and tell them when there is a problem.

Lovinglifestyle

I missed two yesterday of the last 6 feeding times and got two notes from the other four, both on the most recent feed, both from my "all recent EFG" filter which managed to have 11 in it.  None of my usual filters have been producing anything so I go directly to the all recent one so I can have something to look at.  This time I looked at all the "time submitted" notations on the complete details pages and saw they were all around 6:20 AM to 9:20AM this morning.     

MarinBB

Does LC post new listings to the website at times other than the usual 6am/10am/2pm/6pm posting rounds?

FWIW, it has been a slow week on Prosper too.

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

Well, are or are not the 3rd party sites getting new loans at the same time as the manual clickers?  Or has that nothing to do with this discussion?  For awhile the 3rd  sites had every single loan I (a clicker) did.  Lately, they don't.  Also, if I miss the clock by half a second I miss a few loans.  5 sec. for sure makes a world of difference.  Doesn't bother me. Yes, the "is faster better?" topic has been covered.  I agree that it isn't.  All I want is some to look at.  I expect institutions and people with more skills than I to get there first.  With only a little over 400 total loans not spoken for, I've replaced my Get Invested book marker with one at the Patience chapter.  Sorry if this is totally irrelevant.  I'm not convinced zero loans were dropped at any feeding times.

TravelingPennies

Some numbers re loan arrival rate.

LC says they did $1.1 B of loans in 3rd Quarter.  That's the run rate.
Loans are about $15,000 average size.
--> 73,333 Loans/Quarter
--> 24,444 Loans/Month
--> 815 loans/day

Looking at nickelsteamroller's stats, June '14 (the most recent they list) had
6267 loans to fractional market.
10912 loans to whole market.
10656 other loans.
That's 27835 loans total for the month, which roughly agrees with the above calculation.
It also shows 23% of loan volume going to the fractional marketplace.

Using 815 loans/day and 23%
--> 187 loans/day to the fractional market.
--> 187/4 --> 47 loans/feeding time.

So 47 loans/feeding time is what one would expect, if LC is keeping up the input volume, and if they are continuing to allocate 23% to the fractional market.  These numbers are of course rough, for a variety of reasons.

The kind of simple analysis will be impossible in the future, as LC is venturing into new kinds of loans, and reporting much less data, making everything less transparent.

TravelingPennies

The 2pm round today (6mins ago) yielded 82 new listings for me. Around 20 of them filled inside of 30sec. Avid investor, how often do you query for new listings? I've noticed that a large portion of newly posted listings are filled within a minute of becoming available.

TravelingPennies

brycemason

The holidays were exceedingly light last year, too. I paid careful attention due to my deploying capital for the bank. I managed to pick up 3 Es for myself today, which was good. My last logs show 112 new loans on 2pm load, 70 of which were whole. Nothing I wanted.

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL