Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Started by Peter, October 29, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmanuel

We plan to orchestrate a survey amongst a few experts and major players in the peer lending space on the theme 'where will peer lending be 10 years from now'

Some topics will be 'retail vs institutional', major changes to come, impact of a stock market crash.

Does anyone has some question in mind they'd like to submit?

rawraw

Will LC continue to release loans at only 4 times a day?

thezfunk

How about some sort of universal market place for secondary trading of notes from different platforms?

TravelingPennies

PeerSocialLending

I'd like to hear some thoughts on how they expect retail investors to get access to this asset class in the future.  Will folks like those on this forum simply be in the minority of trying to squeeze out better returns than funds full of notes?  Somewhat similar to buying your own real estate vs buying a REIT fund.

Looking forward to hearing more Emmanuel https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif" alt=":)" title="Smiley" class="smiley" />

TravelingPennies

Fred93

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

Thanks for the feedback.
The whole 'retail vs institutional' topic is indeed a pretty important one!

TravelingPennies

I meant to +1 Fred93's reply.  But I must've clicked the wrong box on my phone.  The retail vs big guy stuff gets old after a while IMO.

brycemason

I'm profitable https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif" alt=":)" title="Smiley" class="smiley" />. Three paying clients, and I keep my expenses super low.

I'd like to see a question about the desirability or importance of third party ratings on credit quality. A uniform approach, from Moody's or S&P or that ilk.

TravelingPennies

AnilG

The P2P institutional fixed income funds, I work with, have AUM much higher. Also, they are not targeting double-digit returns, mostly mid to high-singles.

Orchard is very active with order management for institutional funds. But Orchard's end game is to create a secondary marketplace like FOLIOfn for institutional investors. They recently raised $12M of VC money. So, I don't expect them to be cash flow positive. There seems to be lot of activity in creating secondary marketplace for institutions as there is none right now. I am aware of at least 3 startups trying to target this segment.

https://forum.lendacademy.com/index.php?topic=2746.msg24312#msg88888888Quote"> from: Fred on November 03, 2014, 10:37:04 PM

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL