Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Another Curious Datapoint

Started by Peter, November 02, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avid investor

If you're using the API, the documentation defines empLength as "Employment length in years. Possible values are between 0 and 10 where 0 means less than one year and 10 means ten or more years."  Makes sense.  I'm glad that they stopped sending this as a string (as in "< 1 year").  However, in today's loan data, I found "empLength":120. 

First, it is outside the enumerated values list.  Secondly, it makes me question whether the element is truly measured in years.  Is this applicant that guy from that retirement commercial that has to live until 150 to retire?

MarinBB

I found the same. The field seems to be in months in the new API (0, 12, 24, 36, etc.). Divide by 12 to get years.

TravelingPennies

I'm not so sure.  All of the loans which I funded indicate a value less than or equal to 10.  If this were months, than nobody I funded has been employed a year?  Not likely, given my filters.

TravelingPennies

Hmm, curious. Where are you getting the values that appear to be years (0-10's)? Is that also in an API endpoint?

TravelingPennies

I am saying that the same element has had values much more likely to be years than months, given the number of records with values < 11.

Kombinator

The emplength for sure used to be in months, did they somehow chage this parameter to years without any notice?

TravelingPennies

Actually, it used to be a string, as in "7 years". 

TravelingPennies

In file was a string, when pulled it showed as months. In any case, any updates on this issue, has this been fixed or explained?

NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL