Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | sandile.eth 0.200 Ξ | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Exciting news for Prosper tomorrow?

Started by Peter, October 26, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeerSocialLending

Just hopped on twitter and saw tweets from Ron Suber/Prosper that Prosper is going to release 'exciting news' tomorrow.  Any guesses? Filing to go public?

core

I would guess not an IPO announcement.  Timing would be a little odd perhaps.

Keep in mind his idea of "exciting news" may be different than the rest of the planet's.  For example from last year, "Exciting news for Prosper Marketplace today! We are very happy to announce BlackRock as a backer."  Big whoop.

What would be truly exciting is if they announced that they were entering the insurance business.  Someone wants auto insurance, they go to Prosper.  We get to quiz the person on how much they drink when they drive, if they put on lipstick whilst on the freeway, and other important issues.  Then the marketplace decides if this person is insurable.  That would be rather cool, and genuinely exciting.

Kombinator

Suber actually did talk about insurance as the next possible product, but way down the road. Likely a new partner, maybe some API improvements (although unlikely) or functionality, pwerhaps finally a working Folio marketplace that is usable...

Victor

Perhaps they're announcing a new nationwide radio ad campaign.

I only mention this because, for the first time yesterday, I heard an ad for Prosper on a local FM station on a nationally syndicated show: Handel on the Law.  The ad was directed to borrowers and provided the following link: propser.com/handel

Of course this can't be the exciting news.

bobeubanks

Considering they have found NOTHING to blog about since June, I think the bar is pretty low for what constitutes exciting.

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

I guess 2B is the news on their blog?

TravelingPennies

"Prosper is Now $2 Billion Strong"?  That's the big 'exciting' news??  This was worse than Geraldo opening up Al Capone's vault.

I even set my alarm for this 'exciting news', and Cores do not like to get up before noon.  All night I was entertained by pleasant thoughts of Prosper Insurance and risk-monitoring live webcams.  But no, they come across with absolutely nothing exciting this morning.  What a letdown.  Heads should roll over there.  (Forum participants who are also ISIS members should not take this literally.)

NEW LOANS:   | sandile.eth 0.200 Ξ | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL