Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Lending Club All Notes File Size

Started by Peter, October 25, 2012, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

So maybe I just need to update but I like Excel 2003 much better than the newer versions (I hate the new menu bars, but I disgress)

Is there another program any of you use to analyze the file you can download from LC with all their notes?

Or is there a way to download portions of it (I'm not so interested in data pre-2011 for what I'm trying to do).

I don't want to use Lendstats either for what I'm trying to look into.

AnilG

Google Spreadsheet and Apple Numbers can't handle loanstats file either, not sure about OpenOffice.

LC statistics files are CSV files so you can open them in WordPad and delete the rows you don't want and save them again as plain text file with CSV extension.

If you know scripting/programming you could automatically break the CSV file. I import loanstats CSV file on PeerCube by programmatically breaking the file.

Also, look into Google Fusion Table. It may be able to handle large data set.

brycemason

Stata for the win. Any stats package will be able to handle this.

Keltset

I was using python to convert to a sqlite database and running all my calculations in python... I have since switched it to AutoIt and update my sqlite database from there. It's pretty easy to automate the login process to download your notes csv file automatically and parse through your notes as well as download the currently listed notes and historical notes records file with auto it. I set mine up to automatically update every day and i created a little html page that spits out and is set to my browsers home page so when i open my browser I can see if there is anything that needs my attention or if my account has enough money to purchase new notes with I don't have to continually log in to check... I was having to many problems with excel handling the historical notes file on its own... it was just to slow and painful with the massive amount of data. It's easier when you can just pass sql queries to get what you want and not worry about it being updated or not since you can make it auto-update...

AutoIt is a basic windows scripting language, python is more of a real "programmers" scripting language and has more power but I switched to AutoIt because of my own skill level with it far exceeds that of my skill level in python...

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL