Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Started by Peter, June 16, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmanuel

Given the amount of institutional investors, the involvement of banks, etc... peer-to-peer lending may not be the best name to describe that industry anymore.
Granted, it won't change the fate of humanity, but I thought it would be nice if we could agree on a universal term.

Prosper still uses that term
Lending Club uses 'peer lending' but last time at the LendIt conference they said the term is outdated
Charles Moldow from Foundation proposed the term 'Marketplace lending'. While I like it, I'm afraid it's a bit too long to really catch up
At LendingRobot, we began using 'direct lending'.

So... any opinion???

Lovinglifestyle

Of the four choices, I like Direct Lending best, but if Something Else comes along I might like that better.
So I can't vote.  How about another choice, for Direct Lending OR Something Else?

TravelingPennies

I suggest you vote for Direct Lending for the moment being then. When I created the survey I allowed voters to change their mind later...

rawraw

I think direct lending is already used in a broader sense.

PeerSocialLending

As a retail investor it will always be somewhat peer to peer since I'm lending to others. However, as the game has changed - 'Marketplace Lending' makes more sense as I view Lending Club, Prosper etc. as marketplaces that bring together borrowers and lenders.  I have some other gripes like the hashtag #marketplacelending being too long and my poor choice in blog/website name https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif" alt=":)" title="Smiley" class="smiley" />

yojoakak

Reminds me of the early-2000's when all the companies that had recently spent millions of dollars rebranding themselves as .com's spent millions of dollars rebranding themselves as whatever they were before.

How about just "Lending"?

lascott

TravelingPennies

"Indirect Lending" is a widely used term.  Direct lending is usually just used for the rest where someone is directly lending to another.

neals384

"Crowd Lending"

Even if some loans are in a whole loan pool, the collection of all loans on a platform are funded by a Crowd.

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

A new proposal: 'market lending'.

Your take?

Jon

Community Finance

Here's some advertising copy:

"Fire your bank.   Community finance is more efficient.  Also, we'll will never try to sell you an Annuity or  an upgraded checking account."

-Jon

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL