Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | ALL

Daily Note Price History

Started by Peter, May 23, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmar42

Is there any software that keeps track of a notes pricing history every day.  Say for example,  a investor has a note and sells it at a premium (5%).  Then a few days later re prices it at premium (1%).  I want to be able to see the pricing history of a note.

faeriering

Interest radar has some of that info, the difficulty is notes are just removed from the platform, but they can be removed for one of four reason:
  • they expire after being listed for 6 or so days, this is an issue because the note never sold, so it will totally mess up your datat
  • they were sold, but there isn't away to distinguish from above
  • they were removed by the seller, wow I way over priced that note, let me relist it
  • they were removed by LC for getting a payment, which you only know about if you were either the buyer or the seller

So really the only way to get this info is by trading on the platform and understanding what notes that are similar to the ones you are selling go for.

Core or NJG might chime in with better info as they are both master secondary market traders, but they are secondary market traders . . . so they might just tell you to list stuff really low https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif" alt=":)" title="Smiley" class="smiley" /> >really these guys are both savy traders, and they have been very willing to share some of their knowledge with the forum<

NJG had a really great post on peter's blog about trading on the secondary market.  I'd recommend it if you were looking for basic info.  Rev has some good stuff posted on how to use interestradar for secondary market trading on that part of the forum.  and there have been good discussions in the forum in the past about how to liquidate portfolios on the secondary market that might give you some strategies to test the market.

for myself . . . when I was trading, I tried to buy notes that I was fine holding onto, and then if I was trying to trade them, I put them at prices that i would be happy with the returns.

Good luck!!

TravelingPennies

yojoakak

Some of you guys who are still active traders ought to aggregate your partial Year-End summaries, anonymize them and publish them.

That would give us a much better idea of what's going on in the Secondary Market.

New Jersey Guy

1.)  they expire after being listed for 6 or so days, this is an issue because the note never sold, so it will totally mess up your datat
    2.)  they were sold, but there isn't away to distinguish from above
    3.)  they were removed by the seller, wow I way over priced that note, let me relist it
    4.)  they were removed by LC for getting a payment, which you only know about if you were either the buyer or the seller

That's correct.  IR cannot distinguish between a note getting sold and one that a seller cancelled for whatever reason.

Here are some tips to help identify the sales from the BS.  I'll address the points above.

#1 and #2  If the note shows up in IR as sold, but was listed for 6 days, count on it being expired.  A sold note will generally have a listing time of 0 to 5 days.

#3  The seller removed the listing.  Another easy discovery.  Just look back up to the list of notes for sale and see if that one is relisted.

4.)  "Canceled for Payment."  This is simple also.  Unless there was only 1 note for sale, all notes expire the exact, same time.  So, if you see like 5, 7,or 15 notes that all appeared to have been sold on the same, exact day, that's the day they were all cancelled for payment.

Another way to confirm this is that you will see many of the same notes relisted once they come out of their payment process.

It takes a little practice.  However, once you get the hang of working with IR, you'll be able to glance over that list of sold notes and know which ones were really sales without hardly thinking about it.

NEW LOANS:   | aipom.eth 0.299 Ξ | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | ALL