Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

AltoIRA transfer

Started by BruiserB, June 16, 2021, 10:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruiserB

So I decided to move my IRA to Alto.  It was stated in the conversion process that both the LendingClub IRA account and the cash held by Strata will be transferred to Alto.  I submitted everything about 3 weeks ago.

On Alto it shows my LC account but still shows the actual transfer as pending.  And everything still looks like it's sitting in Strata.  Waiting patiently.  Anyone else at any different status?

Fred93

Heh heh.  I've been waiting to hear reports from others before I do it!

Strata has never been known to be fast at anything, so their normal slowness is the most likely culprit.

I have transferred cash out of Strata to the IRA at my stock broker several times, so I know it is possible.  Has always taken longer than I expected, and a few times has required calls to Strata to wake them up.  All of those completed within 2 weeks however.

BruiserB

The process with Alto was really straightforward.  They have all of your LendingClub and Strata info so the transfer form is pre-populated and you e-sign the form.  But now it just seems on hold.  Hard to tell if they're trying to just batch up a bunch of transfers and get them all processed at once, or if as you say Fred, Strata is dragging their feet.  Will just keep waiting a bit.  I would think Alto would handle the wakeup calls to Strata as they want to get the new clients.

Fred93

Ok, I did the Alto transfer this morning. 

I thought Strata customer service was bad.  At least Strata had a phone number.  I've discovered that Alto provides no way to interact by phone at all.  There's no phone number on their web site!  You have to fill out a form to "ask a question".

rj22

My LC notes transferred to my Alto account within days, the cash sitting in my Strata account took weeks, but eventually it came across.

I need to see what happened - June is my anniversary month. I have a sneaking feeling that Strata held back the transfer just long enough to charge me an annual fee, but I haven't seen a statement yet.
formerly rj2

BruiserB

I logged into Strata this morning and see my withdrawls of both the LendingClub account and my cash took place on June 18th.  Even though it said no accounts linked to my username when I logged in, I could still click the "Activity" tab and see the transactions.  I'd expect you could see if Strata charged an annual maintenance fee there.

The cash isn't showing in Alto yet.  I did submit a question to them yesterday through their form (also found it strange they have no phone support at all) but did get a quick response saying that the transfer is under Strata's control, but that they would make sure all funds get credited to my account once they receive them.  Expect everything should show up okay in the next couple of days.

BruiserB

My transfer seems to be complete today.  I received an e-mail from Alto informing me and logged in and see both my LendingClub account and the cash that was in Strata.

rawraw

A buddy of mine works at Alto.  Pretty cool to see them being a place LC notes are ending up :)

Macroman22

Amidst a multi-day outage Alto IRA does not look too good.

Fred93

Quote from: rawraw on June 24, 2021, 03:40:27 PM
A buddy of mine works at Alto.  Pretty cool to see them being a place LC notes are ending up :)

How big a place are they?  From their appearance so far, seems like a pretty small shop.

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL