Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Good Returns on Prosper?

Started by Peter, November 01, 2020, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RetailAnalyst_Help

I am trying to decide if I should invest on Prosper, since LC will close down its retail channel. What do the NARs (and seasoned NARs) look like for y'all?

Fred93

For me, Prosper reports 4.98%. 

macroman7799

I carefully pick my notes though I have not always. I've really learned to avoid lower income and high balance borrowers.

A 6 year old non-IRA that I'm not reinvesting in is at about 3.86% all seasoned.
A 3 year old IRA where I am reinvesting is 5.7% seasoned and 5.85% all notes

Both are as reported by Prosper. One problem with Prosper's reported returns is that they don't really account for delinquencies until the notes are written off. Depending on the risk of your mix this overstatement can be substantial. Prosper uses grades AA-E and HR for high risk. Both my Prosper portfolios are pretty low risk approximately

AA-5%   A-35%  B-35%  C-15%  D-HR-5%

For comparison my 4 year old LC IRA is reporting 5.3% using roughly the same strategy even though I ran it on autopilot when I first dumped the funds in there and the LC return was between 2-3% for a long time.

Another thing that I don't like about Prosper is that their loan information is much less granular. Income categories for example are annual income 0-25K, 25-50K, 50-75K, 75-100K and over 100K. In today's world I would like to know the borrower's income more precisely and in many areas the 100k income really is not enough to fund the average lifestyle and loan repayments. LC by contrast reports a fairly specific monthly income amount.

Overall I am happier with LC and I'm sorry to see it go. I don't think that I will move LC funds to Prosper.

NEW LOANS:   | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL