Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Buying Notes at premium in current environment

Started by Peter, June 24, 2020, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnilG

Recently, I noticed that in my portfolio, as well as reported by peercube users, that notes are actually being sold at premium. I have hard time coming up with reasons why someone will buy notes at premium during current environment of pandemic, considering lending club has increased interest rates on new loans and tightened the credit criteria so new loans are likely to be higher quality than loans issued a year or two ago during better economic times. Most of these sold notes are tend to be from pristine repay on time loans but still ...

Any thoughts from those who are actively buying notes on secondary market, why would they buy notes on premium?

Ran

(1) some states such as NY do not have access to new issue loans, so Folio is the only option for them. NY must have a lot of investors.
(2) Will be interested to know what grades were sold in premium? C or D? some people might be willing to pay a premium for FICO-trend-up never-late B/C/D loans a few months after issuance

TravelingPennies

Yes, these are mostly C and D never late loans with number of payments remaining fewer than half of loan term. Most of these notes were previously traded at discount and now being bought by someone at premium after loans made few more payments.

https://forum.lendacademy.com/index.php?topic=21674.msg61934#msg88888888Quote"> from: Ran on June 26, 2020, 02:43:25 PM

Debt Free

TravelingPennies

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL