Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Goldman to buy Folio

Started by Peter, May 13, 2020, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred93

Wow.  Makes folio instantly "legit" in the eyes of many folks.  ...which sounds good for LC investors.

On the other hand, Marcus is a direct challenge to LC's business, which makes one wonder whether LC can trust GS as a partner.

But LC cares so little for the retail investor these days that they probably no longer care whether folio is a good partner or a bad partner.

Rob L

I wonder how much of Folio's revenue and income result from the trading platform used for LC notes (and similar assets of other companies Prosper before it ended its relationship with Folio)? If it's a small and only modestly profitable part of the business Goldman could take it internal for its products only or possibly kill it. Given Marcus it's kinda hard to imaging GS providing trading services for LC notes.

Yes, I agree LC probably couldn't care less.

AnilG

What surprised me more is the acquisition price which most likely is less than 500M I expected Folio to be worth much more than 500M required for disclosure of purchase price.

TravelingPennies

FWIW in comparison LC's current market cap is $378M and its book value is about $800M.
Total cash is $308M or $4.41 per share. Shares closed Friday at $5.41.
Short interest is 8.7% of the float. Is Mr. Chen still a buyer?

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL