Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Borrower requests more $ for Credit Card Payoff loan than their RCB

Started by Peter, January 14, 2020, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimGasperini

Pardon me if this has been asked before, but I could not find any mention.

I'm looking at a borrower with a Revolving Credit Balance of about $8K. They request a loan of $15K for Credit Card Payoff.
How does this make sense? It would seem they are obviously requesting a loan for $7K worth of something else. Or am I misunderstanding what these terms mean?
Thanks

rawraw

TravelingPennies

Thanks, Fred93. I had suspected that borrowers with such a discrepancy might be less trustworthy than others; it's interesting to know that stats back that up.

lctz

It depends on interest rates.  If LC rating model considers the effect; it might charge higher interest rates to compensate the risk.  You can look at historical data to see if this population has higher interest rates comparing to similar rated loans.

NEW LOANS:   | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL